Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy to find terrarium plants?

Posted by Dante1709 none (dante.1709@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 20:09

What are some easy to find terrarium plants? It would be awesome if I could find it in the wild, in Southern Ontario, but as long as I can get it easily (i.e. buying).

Doesn't have to be humid loving plants, could be some type of succulent, for a drier environment..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy to find terrarium plants?

Hi
usually a "terrarium " is automaticly humid unless you provide a way to dry it out. Another problem is that temperate plants usually require seasonal change also tough to do in a terrarium. The best choices are tropical plants that appreciate the humidity and will grow year around and another plus is that they generally require less light. Generally these will give you the greatest chance of long term success.
You certainly can grow almost anything in a terrarium just MUCH more difficult good luck gary

o
RE: Easy to find terrarium plants?

On my blog the Fern and Mossery I review many locations for obtaining plants suited for terrarium life. One site that has particular good browsing mode to explore plant options is the Enviro-cakes website - see my link to the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Browse the best plants for terrariums here

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here