Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Idea for a small terrariums & photographing terrariums

Posted by SomewhereInND Z3 ND (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 04 at 21:46

At some point I was doing a search for something not related to terrariums (not sure what). And ran across a photo in the 'My small terrarium...what does it need?' topic. I thought that a small terrarium like that was a good idea, but didnt want to fiddle around with a small opening.

I am sure that this idea is not original, but here it is:

I created a terrarium with a glass globe top, if you remove the top, you are at soil level.

Makes photography, planting, easy. Also easy to clean glass top.

Like I said, I am new to this, and kind of had a hard time finding out about really small plants & small terrariums. Right now, I have 2 sundews, and some other stuff on order. I collected some 'interesting', but sometimes conflicting, information about the sundews. I created a web page about what I found.

The following web page has a photo of it.

Its a free webhosting site, with a daily view limit, if you can't view it, you may have to try later on.

Here is a link that might be useful: MyTerrarium

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Idea for a small terrariums & photographing terrariums

you know that's a very cool and original idea! I've not seen that before and it makes a lot of sense. Looks like a cool webpage as well and if it wasn't so late I'd peruse it in detail... there's always tomorrow!

great looking sundews

o

Cool! I made a tiny terr. like that at the beginning of summer (this year), in which I just have moss. I may put a micro-mini sinningia in there soon (if the seeds every germinate), and I was also thinking of a small sundew if those don't work. Great minds think alike, eh? =) I haven't been able to take any pics of mine yet. It's much smaller than yours though. I got the glass bowl at a thrift store. Yours is very nicely landscaped! I like the contrast between the plants, and the rocks are nice, too. Nice little webpage!

o

Here is my 'little guy', if anyone missed the pic on my other post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here