Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need animals for palundarium

Posted by cactiman_2009 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 5, 09 at 4:23

Hi, I am going to make a palundarium and need some animals for it. I would really like n amphibim, but because i live in Australiathere is no salamnders for sale as they are illegal and no frogs.the only things that can be collected from the wild are cane toads and are VERY poisunus. i May be abble to get a turtle but would rather something else. Any ides?

Regards matt

P.S I am lredt making a fiddler crab palundarium

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need animals for palundarium

I'm not familiar Australian law but would check with any pet store in your area.

o

No frogs! I have an albino horned toad in my paludarium. How about a chameleon? My latest "pet" want is an african snail . . . unfortunately they are illegal to import to California. They wouldn't be very compatable with plants though LOL.
Dee

o

Only animals the petshops sellare crickets woodies, scorpions, spiders cratfish and reptiles that need a licences and all cost way to much. i do not want feeders as they al escaped last time i got them. my dad may e letting me get a scorpion tho.

regards matt

o

What are woodies? The only woodies I know I know of are these.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=woodies&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS309US309&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=v8jqSq-DMM2XtgeQpt06&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB4QsAQwAw

Also never heard of a cratfish.

o

woodies are feeder roaches and you would call a crayfish a crawfish

o

Nah! I call them crawdads. They live in the ground here as well as springs, creeks, rivers and lakes.

o

Whites tree frog? Theyre Australian or is this applicable to the licensing fee comment?

o

Yea they are but you need a licensence for all amphibians and reptiles, exept axolotls. It's to prevent animal crualty. I've got some snails now.

Regards Matt

o

Matt,
Great choice! I have had many types of animals and in my experience I think the more exotic they are the more cruel it is to keep them. It's so hard to create an environment equal to the task of keeping them healthy, let alone happy. My last pet purchase . . . a remote control tarantula. Lots of fun when played with and none of the responsibility associated with a live thing (I even set up a terrarium for him, quests always think he's real!).
Dee. from the sunshine state of California

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here