Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody else try this?

Posted by GaWd z9/10 NorCal (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 3, 04 at 14:11

On the Carnivorous plants forum, someone mentioned that they applied a film to the inside of their terr. that was essentially mirrored on one side while still being clear on the outside.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/carnivor/msg0900500628834.html

Sam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody else try this?

I would consider trying it if I didn't keep frogs in all my terraria. I'm afraid the reflective images might stress the little guys out. Besides, I love the fact that they all flock to the front of the terrarium when I walk into the room. Feeding time! They definitely know it's me, as they don't do that when my wife walks by.

o

• Posted by GaWd z9/10 NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 3, 04 at 16:25

I can understand not wanting to do that with critters in there. My terr. is purely plant material, so I was approaching it from a lighting point of view.

Sam

o

Sam, I definitely understood your point, and agree that it would probably be a real boon for boosting ambient light in the terrarium. I was actually indicating that it sounded like such a good idea that I would definitely try it if my terraria weren't overrun by little 4-legged beasts. ;)

Keep the good ideas coming!

o

Presumably you would put the foil on the inside of the terrarium? Would the humidity affect it you think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here