Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tree frogs

Posted by weedpuller 5 ID (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 5, 03 at 17:13

why did my tree frogs bury them selves? this is the first time they have done this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tree frogs

• Posted by Paul_ z4/5 MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 6, 03 at 11:27

Might want to do some research if you haven't already done so to first ID your tree frogs and then learn about their habits. Are these wild/local tree frogs as opposed to those sold commercially? My knee-jerk response would be that perhaps -- if their wild locals -- they are getting into hibernation mode. At least here in MI Fall is fast approaching and we've been having quite a few chilly nights. You might find some answers at the forums on kingsnake.com

: )

Here is a link that might be useful: kingsnake

o

I have recently caught a local wild green tree frog. And I have also noticed that fall is coming. But I caught mine on a 55 degree night so mabey some species hibernate but some don't

o

I know that my two White's tree frogs sometimes like to nestle into the dirt/substrate, though because there's gravel in my tank they prefer a small rock tunnel. Maybe there's too much light, and their just hiding out until "night" (lights off). Check awhile after you've turned the lights off...do they come out then?

o

Tree frogs need a good deal of humidity, it is very common for them to bury themselves if the tank becomes to dry. You may have a bowl of water or another wet area but if the air is dry they will seek out the moist spots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here