Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batten down the hutches!.... again!

Posted by ladybug_guam z11 Guam (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 04 at 9:42

OK, Florida! is our turn now! :(.....
You know, it's gotten to the point that the 'who cares' attitude in taking a hold of me. 'So, another typhoon, so what...type of thing'
Getting ready for one on our Wend.(your Tuesday) and there are other two stacking up behind it. My plumerias are in bloom, so are my hibiscus bouganvilleas and ginger. So, tomorrow, we get up early, get all the stuff inside, you know the drill, and close all the typhoon shutters....ok, I'm rumbling here, anyway, just wanted you to know......let you know when is over...
Ana :(((((

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batten down the hutches!.... again!

I can't imagine living like that, but I guess you don't have a choice! =) It is better to get used to it than to be constantly afraid or bothered by it. Good to hear your positive attitude, Ana! =)

o

Ana
Hope you make it through okay!! Be sure and let us know
what happened. Don't get much news on the Pacific side here.
Good luck Gary

o

Isn't it 'batten down the hatches'? As in the ship's doors? Or have you got rabbits? :)

Anyway, I'm sure everything will work out fine! (Now if we got a cyclone here we'd be in strife - my greenhouse would blow away for sure)

o

LOL, Nathan! I didn't even notice the mispelling! =) Rabbits. . . =)

o

Thank you all for your good thoughts!
All is well, it veered to the south and we got some wind, about 50 MPH and only 5" of rain, small damage to some plants, but they'll grow back.
Nathan:
Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't check the spelling.... and no, I don't have rabbits :)
Sahoy:
Yes, one gets used to it, same like with quakes in Ca., snow in the north, flooding, hurricanes, etc. There are no perfect places, unfortunately, but, if there were, they would be so crowded that they wouldn't perfect.
Ana :)

o

Good point! I have often wondered why the settlers (or the Natives, for that matter!) ever stayed here after the first winter, but I guess there are no perfect places on earth, like you said. Thank goodness I'm going to a better place later! =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here