Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A good book on terrariums?

Posted by ladybug_guam z11 Guam (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 04 at 9:52

I buy all my books at Barnes and Noble, on line, however I couldn't find any thing on terrariums, they are all referring to animals, but not just plants.
Does any one know a good one?
I would really appreciated!
Thank you!
Ana :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A good book on terrariums?

I know an online source...

Gardenweb :o)
I don't know if you'll find many sources like this.

*goes back into lurk mode*

o

I, too have searched for books on terrariums and found nothing! Someday it may motivate me to write one myself, but not while I have small children to keep me busy! =) I did see one book mentioned in a Gardening magazine called 'Tabletop Gardens' or something like that, but it isn't just about terrariums. It also deals with dish gardens and plant groupings, and I don't know if it's any good because I haven't been able to find it or read it. Don't remember who the author is, either. Perhaps a book on botany and Wardian Cases would be of more use?

I totally agree with catalina though, this forum is excellent! =)

o

• Posted by Komi z7/8 DC (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 17, 04 at 21:09

Tabletop gardens is a semi-good coffee table book, at most. (My personal opinion, obviously.) You know more than what's in there, substance-wise.

o

Thank you, all! At least I'm not the only one having trouble finding one!
Catalina: I'll go there and see what's available, thanks!
Ana :)

o
RE: A good book on terrariums? again

Hey! Catalina!
I read your reply too fast..... you got me! LOL!!!!!
Ana :)))))

o

I found some sites online. Google: plant terariums.

o

The library book that got me going with terrariums and indoor light gardens is: Newts and salamanders : everything about selection, care, nutrition, diseases, breeding, and behavior / Frank Indiviglio. It includes some good information on plants and terrariums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here