Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyrik_gw

Cabinet terrarium for Whites Treefrogs

lyrik
17 years ago

Hi,

I have a bunch of questions...

I plan to use a free standing closet (the measurements are about 6 feet high, 4/5 feet deep and 3/4.5 feet wide...in other words huge!) to convert into a WhiteÂs Tree frog terrarium.

This is a basic idea of the type of thing I am talking about: www.kitchenplace.com/FEimages/bath/talllinen.jpg

But I plan to cut out "windows" in the front doors and replace the cut wood, with PVC for viewing. And cutting the top and replacing it with screen.

Should I also cut parts of the sides and replace with screen or PVC?

I plan to cover the sides and back with "Great Stuff" and on top of that WeldBond mixed with peat moss. Weldbond is a non-toxic glue. (I found this method being used for a dart frog vivarium ), to create a background with caves, cliffs and hides for my WTFÂs. I would also like to create a waterfall probably using the first method on this site: www.amphibiancare.com/frogs/articles/waterfall.html

See here for more info on Weldbond:www.weldbondusa.com

I will be creating a false bottom out of egg crate, I am just not sure the best way to waterproof the bottom??

Any ideas?

And now for lighting and heating? I really need suggestions there.

I will be using live plants of course...Monstera, Crotons, Spider plants, Polka-Dot Plants and so on.

I was thinking if the Weldbond/Peat moss mixture is safe for the background, could you use it to cover rope and make false "vines"?

I have bought some grapewood online. And some Cypress as well.

Any suggestions?

This is my first attempt at building well my own anything!

I can use all the help and advice I can get! :help:

Thanks =)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES