Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brendan_of_bonsai

Newb question here, Nepenthes with PDFs a good idea?

brendan_of_bonsai
16 years ago

I'm setting up a custom river paludarium in a 29 gallon tank (I kept shrimp for my cuttlefish in the tank previously) and would very much like to add a Nepenthes Muluensis X Lowii and a Nepenthes spectabilis x ventricosa because they have beautiful pitchers, however I think that I may eventually add some poison Dart frogs, I'm particularly fond of D. Azureus, it is supposed to be a terrestrial frog that does not spend much time at all crawling about. In the water portion of the tank I will be keeping Glofish (oh horror of horrors) and probably some Amano shrimp. Should I obstruct the pitchers some how, cotton balls maybe? I know that the pitchers will be food competition for the PDF's but my typical approach to husbandry is to keep what ever it is that an organism needs around in abundance but in a form where it will not harm the organism, I keep a reef tank and more than 2/3rd of my efforts go into culturing live foods and until my cuttlefish died while I was on vacation my tank was looking great.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider