Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexis_gw

Green tree frog is in trouble

alexis
19 years ago

One of the green tree frogs in my screenroom went into some too deep water and is now very limp. It can still move the lungs and stomach but not the arms and legs. How can I help this frog to live? I kept the temperature of the room his container is now in warm in temperature. He lost consciousness last night but I moved his arms and legs to get the blood moving in his body and blew some of my breath on his body and the face area to get his body temperature up.

Comments (3)

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

I'm so sorry I have no advice to offer, but I do feel sorry for you and your frog! It's always sad when one of God's creatures is sick or at death's door. I hope he recovers! Is there a herp. vet near you that you can phone or take the frog to? Or a local wildlife agency? Or maybe you could also post your question on kingsnake.com. People there know a lot about frogs.

• alexis
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The frog was too sick to make it. He died this morning and I had a small, private funeral for him. I put him in some electrolyte water sunday and left him in it for the day and night so he would get some of the vitamins in it. He seemed to breathe still sunday afternoon but then he breathed less and his eyes got cloudy either sunday night or monday morning. Thanks for your advice.

• sahoyaref
    19 years ago

Poor froggy! *sniff* Dust to dust. . .