Return to the Terrariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green tree frog is in trouble

Posted by Alexis z8FL (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 04 at 10:50

One of the green tree frogs in my screenroom went into some too deep water and is now very limp. It can still move the lungs and stomach but not the arms and legs. How can I help this frog to live? I kept the temperature of the room his container is now in warm in temperature. He lost consciousness last night but I moved his arms and legs to get the blood moving in his body and blew some of my breath on his body and the face area to get his body temperature up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green tree frog is in trouble

I'm so sorry I have no advice to offer, but I do feel sorry for you and your frog! It's always sad when one of God's creatures is sick or at death's door. I hope he recovers! Is there a herp. vet near you that you can phone or take the frog to? Or a local wildlife agency? Or maybe you could also post your question on kingsnake.com. People there know a lot about frogs.

o

The frog was too sick to make it. He died this morning and I had a small, private funeral for him. I put him in some electrolyte water sunday and left him in it for the day and night so he would get some of the vitamins in it. He seemed to breathe still sunday afternoon but then he breathed less and his eyes got cloudy either sunday night or monday morning. Thanks for your advice.

o

Poor froggy! *sniff* Dust to dust. . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Terrariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here