Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paterr_gw

Thanks Forum! - A Lurker Finishes His Orchid Terrarium

paterr
19 years ago

I would like to thank the members of this forum for being so helpful without even knowing it.

I did quite a bit of research on the net before attempting my first terrarium and this forum is where I found the most useful information, both in terms of quantity and quality.

My primary interest is orchids (my girlriend got me into them - she has many of them) and my terrarium includes two Masdavalias, a Cattlyea on bark, and two miniatures (A. philippinense and L. Sincorana). Also in the terrarium are some ferns, an unknown succulent and a couple of creeping figs.

Something must be right as one of the Masdevalias is sporting its third sequntial bloom on a single spike and has another new spike well underway. My cattleya bloomed as well and all plants are exhibiting great growth.

All together I have about $100.00 in the terrarium (not including the plants).

If anyone would like specifics for the materials and methods I used just say so and I can write it up in a separate post. I am particularly proud of the ventilation project - a computer fan, some expandable duct as normally is used for a clothes dryer and a modified AC to DC convertor.

I am hoping I can post in the gallery portion of this forum a picture of the overall terrarium - I do have many detail pictures and can post them as well if anyone is interested.

Once again - thanks to those who asked the same questions I would have, those who asked questions I didn't know I even should ask and of course those who answered the questions so knowledgably.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living