Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iliketerrariums

first river tank need pics!!!

iliketerrariums
18 years ago

I am planning on setting up my first river tank and was wondering if anyone with pics would post them so I can get a better idea of what I am getting myself into! Thanks in advance =)

Comments (4)

• garyfla_gw
    18 years ago

Hi
    Well see you got lots of responses lol. Could you define "river tank" more?? This usually means more of a flow sort of a cross section of a stream. With different levels and depths of water. In my case i tried to make a slow moving jungle stream.Since the entire bottom is water it's probably a Paludarium..There are a lot of sites on the net with different ideas on how to set it up. I found it much more difficult to mix the water and land areas,.Mainly because a standard aquarium is too short.
    This was my first attempt at mixing the two environments
    and you certainly wouldn't want to see pix of it.lol A study in what not to do lol.
    gary

• angelo_s
    18 years ago

I know what you are talking about I have a river tank also if you look through some of the posts you will see that topic we did talk about it quite a lot in terrariums form and also in the aquariums form any way here are pics of my tank I have to update them I have a lot more plants now and moss
    I will be more than happy to talk about the river tank just keep posting your questions here

Here is a link that might be useful: my river tank pics

• iliketerrariums
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you both for the Info and pics, I will be checking out some sites as soon as I leave the web, I am prob the newest member of this web but I am going to have to agree with you garyfla, this place is pretty much dead most of the time, thats pretty sad =( I know that there are places on the internet that a person could go to for info but this place could be so much better as it would be a friend that you can talk to instead of a total stranger! you know what Im saying?

• garyfla_gw
    18 years ago

Hi
    Know what you mean lol I usually read the ponds forum .Florida gardening ,Tropicals,and several others and then read the Terrariums forum.
    This list has never been very active but still makes interesting reading occasionally lol.
    Nice setup Angelo,Can see you put a lot of thought and work into it.
    I went ahead and built the stand for the 150 mfixed the back and moved it into position. mainly to get it out of the house lol. Seems to be holding together but has a small leak. i have a mountain of debris in the yard that hasn't been picked up yet so may get to do some work on the setup
    next week. Want to make the pump housing and maybe layout the drip wall.
    What an incredible mess Wilma made.!!
    gary

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia