Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bihai

I posted photos in the gallery!

bihai
19 years ago

I have been working on my terrarium. 55 gal tank. The light hood has a single Metal Halide 5500 K 175 watt bulb with a built in fan to dissipate heat.

I have finished it to some degree. I will be looking for some cool mini plants at future plant sales, but so far I have:

Ludisia discolor

Macodes petola

Angraecum distichum

Variegated Vanilla

Satin Pothos

Neoregeila Fireball

Aechmea aculeatosepala

Phalaenopsis Chih Shang's Stripes "Kuolynche" variegated phal

Neoregelia concentrica x ampullacea

2 small growing/flowering hoya vines species unknown one pink one white

Fern "Kinky"

Neofinitia Falcata

Neoregelia "Wee Willy"

unknown pink phal orchid, mini

Renanthera imshootiana

unknown Cirrhopetalum orchid I got as a trade

String of Pearls succulent

Hoya bella

Neoregelia pauciflora x willsoniana

Sedum

A grey hard leaves tillandsia, tag lost and species unknown

The tank has cork bark and wood pieces fastened around all 3 sides, cracks and crevices filled with sphagnum moss. Wood used was Cypress, Gatorwood, Buttonwood, and driftwood.

The far left side has a bed of broken treefern as the substrate, over a layer of aliflor, over a layer of wine corks and a false bottom with the eggcrate.

The middle sports a small waterfall made of fossil coral pieces and quartz. A "Little Giant" pump is hidden in the pool over on the far right under the fragment of an old conch shell, the tubing goes up under the coral and water comes down a chute made of a shard of coral, spills into a razor clam shell, then to a piece of a whelk shell, and then to the pool, which is filled with tumbled river stones, shells and fossils we have collected over the years...

It was so fun to make I plan a second one!! Check out the series of photos in the gallery!

Comments (3)