Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garyfla_gw

Good start.

garyfla_gw
18 years ago

hello

Got to work on my new setup yesterday.Going to divide it into 3 sections and made a cover for it to prevent rain getting inside. Going to use expanding foam for the background and planters in the submerged part Want it to look like a stream bank. Only detail will be an appearance of a tree trunk which will go from the bottom of the tank to the top of the water fall. Was going to put in some teak driftwood but decided to save it for the waterfall or bog area. Only going to use paint on the submerged background.

Got the foam at Walmart for 3.30 a can,much better than 5.50 at HD. used the triple expanding type this time only difference I can see it that it tends to round more than the regular stuff Have used 5 cans already . I probably should have built a frame for the "treetrunk" would have saved a lot of material. Found some 2 ounce acrylic paints for 50 cents a bottle. Was debating on using spray paint for the basic color but since these were so cheap guess I'll have to work harder.lol

Anyway, was excited getting to work on it if only temporarily. Still got a ton of debris in the yard that has to be removed

gary