Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rkmw

Feathery growths on plant

rkmw
9 years ago

I'm new to terrariums, started with a kit someone gave me of just moss and now have three... well four sort of... All covered and thriving.

When I went to plant the second one, I went to the garden center and selected things from the terrarium area - they have a whole section dedicated to them.

Without realizing it, I got a purple passion which quickly outgrew the container - as in, within a month. I transplanted it to a pot, but it was not happy. I put it on its own in a large jar, mimicking the terrarium environment, and now it's happy again.

My question is - in the photo - it's developed these odd thready, feather like things on the stems. It does not look like fungus, or anything I've ever seen before.

They're not near the soil, several inches up actually. And there are four of them currently on the plant and a fourth that apparently got knocked off/fell off, possibly while I was moving things around with a chopstick to get a better view.

Are they just roots? Is this something bad?

The plant is already isolated, it's in its own container. What are they and what should I do?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional