Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
back2eight

I was trying to move a plant around...

back2eight
18 years ago

I have tomato frogs in my terrarium and one of them likes to burrow right next to one of my pings I have planted in there, so I was trying to move the ping to a different location in the tank this morning and I knocked over a pot of freshly planted drosera scorpioid gemmae and all the dirt and everything fell out right on top of one of my frogs. I dug around in it and was able to get most of the gemmae and got them replanted, and I was afraid of hurting the frog so I dug around carefully until I could tell where it was and then I poured water over it to get the dirt off. I hope I didn't hurt the frog in any way by doing that, but I didn't know what else to do. It just sat there like a dummy and let me dig all around it and everything. I thought if I could poke at it that it might would move, but it didn't. It sat there and let me clean it off. I know I didn't find all of the gemmae either. Hopefully they will continue to sprout where they are. I didn't plan on planting them in this tank, but that is okay. I think I rescued most of them. Does anyone know if it is bad to overfeed tomato frogs? There is suprisingly little info on their captive care on the net. I would love to talk with someone who has experience with them.

Kristi

Comments (5)