Return to the Test Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flattened Squash stems?

Posted by Erica954 Jacksonville, NC (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 15:25

Good afternoon friends,

I am having a small dilemma: all of my squash plants are dying. I have planted several varieties of cucurbits including lemon cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, and pumpkin. Each time, the seedlings begin to develop true leaves and within a few weeks, the leaves begin to wilt. When I pull the wilted plant out of the ground, the stem looks as if it has been flattened. I am novice gardner, but have never experienced this. Last year's crops were very successful until squash vines borers ruined them. Yet, it is too early for SVB's and I have yet to even see any of the moths. I have seen both striped and spotted beetles within my garden area however. Lack of water or overwatering is not an issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what can be plaguing my beloved plants? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kindest regards to all :)

Image link: Flattened Squash stems? (53 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flattened Squash stems?

Forgive me, as I am new to this...please click the Image Link: Flattened Squash Stems to view the photo I took. Thank you :)

o
RE: Flattened Squash stems?

I would post this to the Vegatable Gardening Forum. They should be able to help you there.

And you did a good job of posting an 'image link'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here