Return to the Test Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need suggestions for roses along a fence

Posted by hamlet50 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 14:09

Hello Gardeners,
I am in need of some suggestions for roses to put along an unsightly plastic white fence, facing SW. There is a photo of it attached. We are interested in a continual blooming rose with fragrance that can take a 6a zone, height from 5-6ft plus. Colours preferred are anywhere between pink, peach and yellow. We would like to layer with the roses as well, so any insight on a good way to do that would be most appreciated.
Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need suggestions for roses along a fence

It is a nice fence.

o

Try here...

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Forum

o

I am glad to that someone other than me see plastic fences as unsightly. Can one even grow a climbing rose on a plastic fence? Go to the roses forum linked in a previous reply.

This post was edited by albert_135 on Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 12:01

o

It's darn sad (and maddening) when a neighbor is allowed to put up a fence on their own property which abuts yours! I think I'd be tempted to spray paint it green and put bushes in front of it to block it out.

Our backyard neighbors fenced their yard with wire fencing to keep their poor excuse for a dog in. Now, instead of being able to mow between the evergreens, all kinds of tree and invasive vine seeds sprout there and are very difficult to remove/maintain.

o

That's why I think it's a nice looking fence...I live in the country. I have no close neighbours to deal with, luckily.

I don't know how you city folk put up with it. If the fence is on the property line, can't you do with it what you want, on your side of the fence?

Kt

o

Code says the good side has to face out (towards the neighbor) so, say, a split rail fence would have the flat, back side facing the fencer. Don't know just what can be done, but I do know there is no good looking side for an enclosure fence or the things that grow up along it.. And no easy way to maintain around or under them.

Can you tell how I feel about fences?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here