Return to the Test Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misc Photos III

Posted by always-beezee 5a MI (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 20:10

There must be something in the atmosphere in the Southern states because you do get some nice looking sunsets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misc Photos III

I agree with Bernie. The Southern states produce better color in sunsets. Here's one from early May before the trees leafed out:
Sunset, early May photo SunsetearlyMay_zpsabd5f89b.jpg

Going back to mid April, a couple geese visited my yard, which I thought was unusual, because they have never ventured this close to the house. I'm sure they couldn't tell the difference between the field and my yard, since all was the same color of green. Winter wheat is growing in the field next to my south lawn. The geese had been wandering around in the garden area to the right, then wandered back into the field.
Geese visit photo Geesevisit_zps94eb49f9.jpg

Oldest GD's prom "Do"...about one week short of "Sweet Sixteen".
Jaylyn's

Columbine volunteer:
Columbine volunteer photo Columbinevolunteercopy_zps0b61ea6f.jpg

Iris pallida 'Variegata"
Iris pallida Variegata photo IrispallidaVariegatacopy_zps551232e3.jpg

I have a problem here. As much as I love Lily Of The Valley, it is finally crowding in on a small Hosta. The LOTV foliage will eventually die back, but I really need to dig some out, or it will compete with the smaller perennials.
Lily Of The Valley crowding Hosta photo LilyOftheValleycrowdingHostacopy_zps25effc57.jpg

I like the varied colored blooms on the Lungwort:
Lungwort photo Lungwortcopy_zps6f955688.jpg

Variegated Solomon's Seal:
Solomon's Seal, variegated photo SolomansSealvariegatedcopy_zpsfc1c92f1.jpg

Virginia Sweetspire grows wild in the woods around here:
Virginia Sweetspire photo VirginiaSweetspirecopy_zps0110c559.jpg

Sorry this all takes up so much room, but I still can't make thumbnails.

O.K....someone else's turn, please.

Julie

o

OOOooohhh, pictures!!

Very nice sunset picture. Nice composition with the trees and I like the 'diamond' shape of sky on the left, shaped by the tree trunks/limbs.

Canadian Geese? Nice picture also. Where were you when you took it? Upstairs window?

Beautiful 'DO' on your oldest GD. I bet she was very happy and looked even more beautiful in her final dress attire. Cute young lady...perhaps takes after her Grandmother? :)

Pretty columbine. I can't say that they grow down here, but I could be wrong. Do they grow tall?

I really like the variegated iris. Iris grow here and do very well but I've never seen a variegated one...nice!

Is Lily Of The Valley a hosta also? Are the small blooms from the LOTV?

I really like the Lungwort leaves. Interesting colouration. The flowers, at least some of them appear to have petals of both purple and blue, but most are solid blue of solid purple. Another nice plant!

I am not familiar with the Solomon's Seal at all, but it is a very nice looking upright plant. Does it come up from seed each year, and what about the blooms, do they bloom throughout the Summer? Height? Shade?

Your Virginia Sweetspire might be what grows here wild also. It hasn't been around but for a dozen or so years now, but seems to have established itself everywhere quickly. I like it when it blooms. I'll have to compare mine with your picture and get back with you on this one. I don't know the name of what grows here but sure would like to know.

Great picture show and thanks for posting! Post more soon, and that goes for anyone else.

Happy Memorial Day!

Kt

o

Thanks for your comments, Kt!

Yes, Canadian geese, and yes I took the pic out an upstairs window on a very dreary day.

Yes, Jaylyn was happy with her new "Do" for prom. I'm still waiting on pics of her all gussied up in her gown. Maybe I'll see them when all the relatives are coming to our house for her 16th BD celebration in about a week & a half. I'll post a pic if possible. No, she doesn't look like me. She takes after my daughter, and my daughter mostly takes after my husband's side of the family. ALTHOUGH, some people say they can see a slight resemblance to me in my daughter. I think it all depends on comparing pics of people at similar ages. I may have had more of resemblance to my daughter when I was her age.

Columbines grow about 18-24" tall, depending on the variety and soil content, moisture, etc.

Lily Of The Valley is not a Hosta. It's a native woodland plant that blooms in Spring, then dies down and disappears until the next Spring. It spreads easily, so I am pulling it out where it's not welcome. Yes, the blooms are from the LOTV.
Here's a better view of the blooms:
Lily Of The Valley, pink photo LilyOftheValleypinkcopy_zps164281f0.jpg

Solomon's Seal (Polygonatum) is (I think) native in the woodlands here. Its foliage is solid green. The hybrid I posted has variegated coloring on the leaves, and I bought it from a local nursery. The bell-shaped flowers bloom in Spring, and give way to green berries in Summer, which eventually turn dark blue-purple. Stems of the plant arch as the plant grows taller. My variegated variety may get to be 2' in height, but the solid green variety in the woods around here can get to 4' in height. Fall foliage is golden yellow...just spectacular.

Looking forward to seeing other folks' pics!

Julie

o

Nice bell shaped flowers on your close-up picture. Could almost overlook a tiny flower like that if one didn't look twice...I guess that's part of what they mean when they say 'to stop and smell the roses'...meaning, take time to see, not just look.

photo IMG_6002Small_zps7567ba54.jpg

photo IMG_6024Small_zps9ccedad9.jpg

photo IMG_6073Small_zps6158f39a.jpg

photo IMG_6083Small_zpsc1006b42.jpg

photo IMG_6339Small_zpsf488feb7.jpg

photo IMG_6355Small_zpsbf086f05.jpg

Kt

o

I thought of "echo" quilting patterns in the clouds of the first photo.

Prairie Cone Flower? Ours won't bloom for another couple months. Yours looks very healthy, even for dry conditions. I'm sure it has a deep tap root.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that was Jupiter setting on the horizon. What a gorgeous color!

I think you may have posted a pic of that type of bird before, but I can't remember what kind it is. Its under body seems to have a pinkish tinge.

Gorgeous sunsets. You are so lucky to be able to shoot those scenes w/o a bunch of trees blocking the view. Hot stuff!

Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!

Julie

o

Prairie Cone Flower. We call it a Black-eyed Susan. I'm not sure they are the same flower but some photos look quite similar.

Yes, the 'lines' across the sun make it look like Jupiter. BTW, did anyone see Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter the other night just after sundown? I took some pics, but didn't have time to get out my tripod so they turned out blurry.

Yes, I've posted pics of the Roseate Spoonbill before. This one was all alone and was a faded pink. Picture taken in my back pasture tank.

Thanks. Those sunsets were all taken from my place out at the country.

Thanks for your comments! Post more soon, and that goes for Bernie and Sandy, and anyone else.

Kt

o

Haven't taken any pictures lately.

Cleaning the grooves on the CDs

o

Sun getting closer to the church each night. Less than 20 days to go.
 photo IMG_6427Small_zpse0ca53f3.jpg

Moon and Stars watermelon leaves. Notice the spots on the leaves.
 photo IMG_6445Small_zps180ff2de.jpg

Unknown watermelon plant grown from seeds I saved for over 15 years. Leaves look more like squash leaves. Deer seem to leave this one alone.
 photo IMG_6448Small_zps0f42b20c.jpg

Mushroom shaped fungus growing on rotting stump.
 photo IMG_6462Small_zps51dd8b7a.jpg

A couple of more Bud Lights, and he'll be about ready to leave the, ummm, nest.
 photo IMG_6470Small_zps43eeb02a.jpg

I walked upcreek from my property in a very isolated area, to get around some fallen brush and came across this built in the creekbed. I could have swore that off in the distance, I heard a banjo and some pigs squealing.
 photo IMG_6450Small_zpsb2d0403d.jpg

Kt

o

I could have sworn this thread fell off into cyber space. Thanks for bringing it back, Kt.

I see a couple of hawks(?) in the first photo. Countdown to the longest daylight day of the year.

What caused spots on the watermelon leaves?

Can't wait to see if you get squash or watermelon out of the healthy looking plant.

How big was that fungus?

Oh! I finally saw the Bud Light can. Where's the brother (sister?)

Deliverance...who do you suppose is attempting to build bridges on your property?:

Fun pics!

More, please...anybody:)

Julie

o

Thanks, Jule!

Those may be crows, or possibly rain birds, in the first pic, but I really don't know.

What caused spots on the watermelon leaves?
The spots are actually yellow, and they are normal for this variety, 'Moon and Stars'. The melons will also have yellow spots on them.

Can't wait to see if you get squash or watermelon out of the healthy looking plant.
Yes, I'm still wondering myself. Some watermelons do have leaves that are round like those in the photos, but I've never grown any, and as I mentioned, these seeds were from a melon that was supposedly really delicious, which is why I wanted the seeds. It is a yellow melon instead of red, and since I do not know where it came from, it could have been cross pollinated with a type of squash, so who knows what the fruit will look like, if any forms at all.

How big was that fungus?
I should have measured it this evening, but it is about 9 inches across. I also took a side view photo.

Where's the brother (sister?)
Unfortunately, it was deceased in the 'roost' about two weeks ago. I noticed each week as I took new pics, it was noticeably smaller and I guess survival of the fittest was it's downfall. Nature can be cruel.

Deliverance...
The creek is actually much more dense that the photo suggests, and is at least 10 feet from bottom to top of surrounding landscape. The 'bridge' is actually a lame attempt to keep their livestock in their property, but it looks kind of spooky...reminded me of the stick things in the Blair Witch Project or whatever that movie was called.

Thanks again!

Kt

o

Melons with yellow spots...that's a new one....have never seen any like that around here.

Seems to me I remember my Dad trying to grow yellow melons once, and for some reason they either didn't taste good, or had too many seeds...whatever it was, we weren't too excited over them, so he never grew them again.

Never saw the Blair Witch Project. That creek bed looks like it's been dry for a very long time, with grass growing in spots.

Thanks for your explanations:)

Julie

o

Here's a pic of what they are supposed to look like, from the Burpee website. Notice the leaves in their pic as compared to mine.

I've never seen the Blair Witch Project either, but it was discussed several years ago on another forum, and I viewed some segments on YouTube.

Kt

o

The mushroom is 10 inches across at the widest part...I measured it this evening before dark.

Kt

o

Interesting melon pic. If I didn't know they are supposed to have spots, I'd think it was diseased.

Huge shroom!

j

o

Very windy at sunset. Used 1/2000 sec to get this one.
 photo IMG_6566Small_zps7be38aba.jpg

I was attacked by this killdee. It came at my camera.
 photo IMG_6560Small_zps27c4ffc6.jpg

Then I noticed why...four eggs in it's nest. Good mama.
 photo IMG_6559Small_zps2dfb1844.jpg

Kt

o

You sure know how to capture a sharp photo, Kt!
Love the warm orange sky.

Brave mother killdee, indeed.
If you hadn't mentioned the eggs, I wouldn't've seen them. They blend perfectly with the rocks!

Very nice shots!

J

o

Thank you, Jule!

Kt

o

An oldie.
 photo DSCN0018CropBaSmallaJPG.jpg

Kt

o

Very rich coloring near the horizon.
I also like the wispy grey clouds.
Just lovely:)

j

o

Thank you, Jule!

This evening. A flower next to my tomato plants.
 photo IMG_6643Small_zps2f130642.jpg

Sun getting closer to the church. I've been waiting 8 months to see if the sun will set behind the church as seen from my viewing point. I think it will make it...13 more days? See the buzzard?
 photo IMG_6672Small_zps3e403a5c.jpg

More pics.
 photo IMG_6705Small_zpsf63d5543.jpg

photo IMG_6715Small_zpsb394144d.jpg

Kt

o

The flower next to your tomato plants...is it a native?

Yes, I see the buzzard.
I'm experimenting moving my laptop screen back & forth. The further back I tilt it, the richer the colors in the sunsets. You seem to have more gold colors in your horizon than we have here. We have more pinkish colors. I wonder why that is.

As usual, very lovely shots:)

J

o

You seem to have more gold colors in your horizon than we have here. We have more pinkish colors. I wonder why that is

Because Texas is closer to he** than we are.

Take care Bernie

o

Oh, a wise guy, eh? Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

o

No answer to my Q?

j

o

No answer to my Q?

We ain't that smart.

o

The flower next to your tomato plants...is it a native?

Sorry Jule,...doing too many things at one time.

Yes, I haven't seen it growing around that area before, but I've seen the flower growing in heavy soil and particularly when it is dry. I'll see if I can find out it's name.

You seem to have more gold colors in your horizon than we have here.

That comment is one of the reasons why I didn't get back with you. My camera sometimes makes the picture a bit more golden than they really are, depending on the exposure time, but I have been looking to see if my camera accepts a polarizing filter and also an ND filter. I used both filters with my old A-1, and I was researching them in between answering emails, etc.,,sorry:(

Thanks for the comments.

Kt

This post was edited by kentuck_8b on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 20:58

o

Hmmmmm...I guess that is one very hardy flower to be able to bloom in dry heavy soil.

...doing too many things at one time.
That happens to me all the time.

Is there a way you can adjust the colors on your camera.?
I think I can on mine, but don't remember how...I'd have to consult my manual.

Julie

o

Is there a way you can adjust the colors on your camera.?

Probably, but I don't know how. I can on my computer. The polarizing filter would help tone down the bright sun or take out some of the glare, and letting more of the surroundings be seen better. The polarizing filter is very helpful on sky photos also, as it gives more lush colours to the pics.

Kt

o

I miss this dog

o

Beautiful canine and also nice picture. What happened to him/her? Pets become part of the family for many people and losing them by any means is a great loss.

Getting closer...
 photo IMG_6894Small_zpsbf1761fe.jpg

Kt

o

that picture looks nice

o

This is fun...watching the sun set closer to the church as Summer approaches.

J

o

It's not going to make it...

photo IMG_7028Small_zps170572df.jpg

Kt

o

Has it made it in the past?

o

up to the top

o

Has it made it in the past?

Well, I don't know for sure, since I am taking pictures from an area that was completely inaccessible back before November when I had it cleared out to have a new fence built.

Or, if you're asking if it will reach it this year, as opposed to other years, well..., the Summer Solstice is the point where the sun reaches it's farthest point northward before starting back southward. Hence, it is the longest day of the year, opposite the Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year, six months apart, at least in the northern hemisphere.

If I take a picture of the sunset on Friday from a marked spot on the ground, next year, when the Summer Solstice comes around, the sun will be in the exact same spot.

This is what the many tribes of Indians knew here in North America hundreds of years ago. There is still evidence today of stone alignments with the Winter and Summer Solstice's. Chaco Canyon is one of my favourites.

The pyramids of Cheops and Stonehenge in England also have similar stone markers for both solstices.

Kt

o

I thought that you had seen this before and were just waiting to see it again.

o

I've taken countless pictures of the Summer and Winter Solstices, but never from that spot, and not of that church.

I moved my truck as far north as possible and put a ladder on back of it, but it is still not far enough to get the sun behind the church...so, on to plan B.

Tonight's pics. Notice the spot on the sun...'sunspot'.

photo IMG_7121Small_zps432b1aeb.jpg

photo IMG_7123Small_zpsb55bdc35.jpg

photo IMG_7127Small_zps60268b41.jpg

Kt

o

Sunspot...is it just left of center?

Clouds slicing through the sunlight make it appear as though it had rings like Saturn.

I see a tiny white light(?) next to the left edge of the church roof.

Can't wait to see your "plan B".

Lovely!

Julie

o

Sunspot...is it just left of center? Yes. I've never noticed it before.

... as though it had rings like Saturn. I thought the same thing.

I see a tiny white light... Yes, you can see it in some of my earlier pics also. They have lights at the church on at night, but they turn off in the wee hours of the morning.

If the sun would have gotten closer to the horizon before getting hidden behind the clouds, it would have been very close to the church, as when the sun sets, or goes down, it also moves north, or to the right.

Notice the trees below the church are different from earlier pics.

Thanks.

Kt

o

bumping for Summer

o

up to the top

o

As close as it got...at least from that camera spot. I'll have to wait another year for another chance there.

If I get time, I will try from a more northerly location, if I can find one.

Summer Solstice.
 photo IMG_7184Small_zps6a0e117c.jpg

Kt

o

bumping this beautiful photo to the top

o

Oh, and the sun actually 'touched' the church, but never 'centered' behind it.

Kt

o

o

cleaning rifle barrel

o

photo IMG_7356Small_zpsf5c1f499.jpg

Kt

o

Heat lightening? Those clouds look too light to be carrying any moisture.
Hope I'm wrong, for your sake.

Either way, its a great picture.

o

Thanks, Sandy.

Yes, as far as I know, no one got any rain. It was interesting that lightning was shooting out of the top of the cloud repeatedly, although I never really captured any 'good' streaks. They went straight out the top and stopped out in the open sky. One very large bolt came out of the top and bent clean over and struck several miles away from the cloud, which had me wondering if I should have been sitting on the hilltop where I took the pics from, but I didn't feel any static electricity so I stayed.

More of natures fireworks.

photo IMG_7350Small_zps40ce9cd0.jpg

photo IMG_7329Small_zps6eac5ddf.jpg

Kt

o

Excellent pictures Kt. I like the first one and the last one.

o

Thanks, Bern.

It actually might be raining under the cloud, if you look closely at it, it looks like rainfall.

Also, looking through the series of pics that I took in succession, soon after most of the lightning stopped, the top 'collapsed in' on itself, so to speak. In other words, the top sank quite fast. You can see how much lower the top is in the last pic.

Kt

o

Wow!
Professional quality photography, IMHO.

Sharp and crisp.

I can almost hear a crack of thunder with each photo.

Is that your live Oak tree with the slanting trunk on the right side of the photos?

Julie

o

Thanks, Jule. Yes, that is one of the trees in front of my house. I watched the lightning as I was driving home from the country so I walked out onto the hill in front of my house for the pics. I am facing due east.

Kt

o

What F-stop are you using and how long was the exposer?

o

F-stop = 2.7 & longest exposure was 4 seconds. Some earlier pics when there was more light outside, were 2 seconds, and if I would have done a 6 or 8 second photo, it would have given more brightness to the cloud.

Kt

o

Garden art:

Trying to use this to "call" Taffy:
Bell photo Bellcopy_zps288b4ca0.jpg

An experiment to see if I can train the plants to grow out the openings in the fish basket (found in my Dad's garage as I was cleaning):
Fish basket photo Fishbasketplantercopy_zps03d5f181.jpg

Found this in hubby's salvage yard:
Wheel Hoe photo WheelHoe2copy_zpsecd3da51.jpg

Tree trunk is gradually decomposing, but still holds dirt, so makes a nice planter:
Tree trunk planter photo Treetrunkplantercopy_zps2e9ac87e.jpg

A fairly strong wind is needed to make both wheels spin in opposite directions:
Windmill leaves photo Windmillleaves2copy_zps6d5c72c9.jpg

Julie

o

Very nice pictures!

Cool bell. I can hear it ringing as I look at the pic. Does Taffy come?

Great idea on the fish basket hanging planter. You may have to push the new growth through the holes if it will fit.

What is that, a plow of some type? Was it actually used or a garden ornament to begin with? Interesting. What's Taffy looking at?

Great stump planter. Didn't you have a flower pot sitting on top of it some time ago? The kettle in the background is a familiar sight around here too.

What are the shrubs planted in a row behind the stump? Looks almost like bamboo except for the leaves. Even looks like oleander in a way.

You sure are keeping the weeds and grass at bay around your plants and garden art. It looks nice.

Double pinwheel. That is one of the prettier double pinwheels I have ever seen. Very nice!
Isn't pinwheel a fabric design also?

Thanks for posting those pictures. They are very nice photos, and taken of very nice art/ideas.

Kt

o

Thanks, Kt!

Taffy doesn't come yet with the bell ringing alone. I have to still call her or whistle while ringing the bell. She's often got 'selective' hearing, so it may take a lot more training.

The fish basket plants are actually starting to grow through the holes, since I took the pic. But it may take a while before I can snap a pic showing a significant difference.

That's a Wheel Hoe in the third pic.
Oh yes, indeed, it was used at some time in the past. It's been held together with duct tape on one of the handles. Hubby had it stored in a trailer at his shop, and no one wanted it, so he brought it home for me. I looked up its history in my book from 'Old World Wisconsin' (an outdoor museum of ethnic farmsteads near Eagle, WI.) It's a hand-pushed cultivator that was used in the late 1800's. Taffy's looking toward the South, keeping an eye out for dangerous squirrels, rabbits, or chipmunks, or any critter that might harm her 'master'.

No, I've never had a pot sitting in/on that stump planter. I may have posted a pic of a different pot on a stump at one time.

The three shrubs that you see behind the tree stump and kettle planters are 'Autumn Jazz' Viburnums. Their Fall foliage is sometimes very showy, depending on the weather. I'll try and take pics of them in the Fall.

I usually don't keep the weeds at bay under and around the planters, but this year I did, because of the Garden Tour I gave for our Club members.

Double pinwheel....is actually called a Leaf Windmill, according to the packaging. They look more like spoons to me, but close up, you can see the leaf shapes.

You must have been talking to a quilter lately. The pinwheel is a quilt block design, which has been around forever.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, Kt:)

Julie

o

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! All of them! Thank you for sharing. Guys, please, tell me how you upload multiple pictures in your comments. I created an account in Photobucket, but when I copy and paste a link I don't get the pics. Please!
Thanks,
Polina.

o

Polina

Copy the HTML code from Photobucket and paste it in the comment area. You might be copying the IMG code which does not work here on GardenWeb but does work on 90% of other forums on the internet.

Try posting a picture and maybe we could see what you are doing wrong.

o

always-beezee, thank you. I've tried and it works

photo 06_zps6d8c8561.jpg

photo 07_zps0df9d422.jpg

photo 08_zpse89a81ec.jpg

o

Nice pics Polina, and I'm glad you figured it out.

Today's pics.
Front pasture.
 photo IMG_7399Small_zpsc499be06.jpg

Yesterday. Sunset and Moonset together. The only cloud in the sky and it was raining out of it as the sun set behind it. The moon is in the upper left and hard to see.
 photo IMG_7438Small_zps87ddb2e8.jpg

I pass this 'train art' on my way to work, sometimes, and it always cracks me up. I took a pic of it this morning. I call it simply,..."Bernie".
 photo IMG_7452Small_zpse2e6827b.jpg

Out at the country, even with the drought, there is something blooming, and the insects were fighting over it. Notice the spider web.
 photo IMG_7457Small_zps23d356be.jpg

Kt

o

Polina

No thanks are needed. You did 99% of the work. I just gave you the hint. Nice flowers that you have there.

Kt

Another set of good looking pictures. The last picture of the flower, do you know what it is called?

I hope whoever painted my picture knows about copyright laws.

Bernie

o

Thanks, Bern. The flower is very small and several flowers grow atop of a single stem plant that is over 2 feet tall. People do cultivate these in gardens. I believe it is an Ironweed (Vernonia baldwinii). It is struggling in this drought, but usually get really thick with blooms and plant growth. Below are more pics.

photo IMG_7458Small_zps2657f0ec.jpg

photo IMG_7462Small_zps0657ce01.jpg

Kt

o

just bumping

o

Lovely African Violet photos, Polina!
I raised many AVs back in the day, but never had a double.
Please keep sharing!

Kt,
Love the "mashed potato" clouds:)
Your sunset pic is cool, with the rain "dousing" the sun.
I'm glad you mentioned the moon, or I wouldn't have seen it.
Nice close-up of the Iron Weed. Yes, I can believe it's struggling, since I understand it needs plenty of moisture to flourish.

Bernie,
You need to lose that 'love handle';)

Julie

o

Bernie,
You need to lose that 'love handle';)

Ah, those love handles are nice. I didn't like the skinny legs.

Somebody can turn off the furnace in our area.

Bernie

o

photo Bernie12SmallMedium_zps3300611a.jpg

This post was edited by kentuck_8b on Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 11:24

o

What am I used for?

photo whatamiusedfor1_zps9108dd53.png

o

A clue please?

o

For picking up large sheets of glass or the like, such as mirrors.

Kt

o

For picking up large sheets of glass or the like, such as mirrors.

No.

It does hold something in place.

o

It holds the door shut on the flying saucer?

o

Is it in its proper position?

o

Is it in its proper position?

Yes it is but the two pieces are generally further apart.

o

Are the two pieces (plates) magnetic?

o

To hold something in place, it would have to be on a stand.

Are the two pieces identical?

o

Are the two pieces (plates) magnetic?

No, they are not magnetic.

To hold something in place, it would have to be on a stand.

Not so much as a stand but more of a platform.

Are the two pieces identical?

Yes, the two pieces are identical. They can screw in and out.

o

What size is the device? The 'plates' are about 6 inches across?

o

What size is the device? The 'plates' are about 6 inches across?

The plates are between 4 and 6 inches across.

o

If you give up, I'll tell you guys.

o

They hold something from sliding while moving it. But what..... Still thinking.

o

Are the "plates" rubberized, or hard? And is this something we might all come in contact with or only those in a certain industry?

o

They hold something from sliding while moving it. But what..... Still thinking.

You are correct.

Are the "plates" rubberized, or hard?

The plates are metal with a rubber pad.

And is this something we might all come in contact with or only those in a certain industry?

At some point in our lifetime about 85% of us will have contact with these objects. These objects are mostly used in one industry.

o

They are used in ambulances.

o

They are used in ambulances.

You are very close Kt.

o

To hold a patient or extremity in place during transport or surgery.

o

Kt, try a different vehicle.

o

Airplane.

o

What other vehicle looks like an ambulance?

o

Fire truck. (What? Not a U-haul?)

o

Think of an ambulance from the 60s. What other vehicle looked like an ambulance and was usually gray or black.

o

I consulted hubby.

He said hearses looked like ambulances back then.

So then, is the gadget something that holds the casket in place?

Julie

o

Yep, your last post gave it away...to hold a casket in place, hence the 85% of us coming in contact with it someday, however you said 'at some point in our lifetime' which threw me. You should have said after we pass.

Kt

o

Thanks to DH luvstosharedivs for recognizing the old ambulances. The objects in question are called bier pins and they hold the casket in place so the deceased doesn't fall out the back door going around the corner at 85 mph.

o

Whoever invented the bier pins must've done so after a casket indeed fell out the back of a speedy hearse!

That was quite a challenge, Bernie...got any more for us?

J

o

Why are all these hearse's speeding around?

o

They're just dieing to get to the cemetery. Yeah I know, that's a groaner.

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Click Here

o

just bumping up

o

The hill in front of my house.

I took these a few days ago, it hasn't rained yet. You can see where the hay was cut about two months ago.

We should have already made hay again and getting ready for another cutting, but without rain...

photo IMG_7599Small_zpsf206cd3c.jpg

I watered those huge trees about 6 weeks ago.

photo IMG_7602Small_zps2beec97f.jpg

Kt

o

The green field in the background, was that cut 4-5 months ago or is it some other crop.

o

In the first pic off to the left, the closest green is the bottom land of my pasture which is black land or black gumbo soil which holds moisture better than the sandy hill in the foreground. Behind that, is a road and then another field which is full of weeds also black land.

The green under the trees is from me watering them.

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here