Return to the Test Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!!! Lychee

Posted by Grant531 none (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 16:28

So this is my 2 month old Lychee plant and ive been watering it and giving it sunlight and good tempratue, the pot doesent have draining holes so I make sure to give it just the right amout and when all that water is gone I give it more and keep it moist, starting yesterday I found a brown dot on the first leaf of the plant and im worried it will spread, Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!!! Lychee

I have no idea what a Lychee is, but it must be a tropical plant/fruit tree, since we don't grow such a plant in my neck of the woods.

Try posting on the Tropical Fruits Forum,
or the Tropical Plants Forum.

o

My guess is, that if it's brown, it's probably dead.

o
Help!!! 2 Month Old Lychee Plant

Ive been growing a lychee plant for 2 months and after the first month there was a little brown dot, after a week, the brown dot had a tiny hold in it, today, the hole is still there but really tiny and its not turning brown anymore, there are more tiny branches sprouting, I know I have to be paitent but it looks like the plant isnt making any progress, I water it daily too, please comment suggestions.

o

It might not be growing season for foliage and may be putting it's energy into rootgrowth, and then after the roots grow and produce enough energy, it will put the growth into limbs and leaves.

o

Sorry for spelling misakes :(

This post was edited by Grant531 on Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 8:29

o

So, as you can see, I have a good healthy lychee plant with a green leaf, well I think its still growing but I saw a tiny leaf starting to sprout, but then the tint tiny leaf sprout shriveled up, is that normal? also when my lychee grows another branch, is it suppose to be a dark shade, when my plant first sprouted the whole plant was brown, including the leaf, when the branch is almost done its growth will it turn green like the rest of the plant? (the brownish v shape is the new branch), Please comment suggestions, Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here