Return to the Test Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Second hip

Posted by breenthumb z5upstateNY (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 23:24

Right hip replacement tomorrow (Tues.)morning. Hospital 7:20, procedure 9:20...I am so not a morning person:(

First one was so much fun I'm doing it again. Hoping it goes as well and quickly as the first. It feels so much better. See ya later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Second hip

Take care! I only needed one done a couple of years ago, and yes, all went well. But I understand the early AM thing!

Report in when you get home.

o

Will do. Thanks. I'd love to post about something you wrote before that helped me but I should have been in bed way earlier than this. Friend picking me up at 6:40. She gets up at 5:30 every day and is happy going to bed at 10. Not me. Will do later.

o

Second time will be easier than the first. They will have you up and dancing by Friday.

Take care Sandy, I'll say a little prayer for you tonight.

Bernie

o

I'm reading this late Sandy, so you've already had your surgery this morning. I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Hope you soon feel like the bionic woman:)

Julie

o

Wow, didn't know you needed another hip replaced. I hope all went well. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I am normally a night owl and not a morning person either, but work has me up at 5 am each day...not good. :(

o

I am wondering if she is dancing or crawling.

Isn't that a terrible way to get somebody to answer a post. Sneaky isn't it.

o

She may be practicing up on KC And The Sunshine's Band hit Song. "Shake Your Booty".

o

YES, I AM DANCING!!
Just wanted to let you know. can't wait to get home. sandy

surgery went great. i'm in rehab since fri. had pt every day, but tomorrow it starts in ernest (URNEST?) dd brought me her tablet but I'm not very good on it.

o

That's great to hear, Sandy! Sounds like you are more agile then I am.

Try any laser therapy?

o

Good news, Sandy:)

Therapy started in earnest today, I bet.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Julie

o

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and the physical therapy has started. You will now be able to chase that young stud "earnest" that lives in the neighborhood......now we know why she wanted the two hip surgeries .....Take care Sandy.

Bernie

o

Finally back home on my own computer. I'm doing and feeling well. Very tired/weak though, and kind of foggy, so unless Ernest comes bearing food, he'd better stay home.

DD just arrived to be here with me for the first few days. Stopped for dinner and is bringing me a big bowl of lentil soup. Perfect for this cold snowy day.

Thanks for all your good wishes. Sandy

o

Easy does it! Great that you're home, that means you'll progress even faster with recovery.

Um, lentil soup does sound good!

o

Never heard of lentil soup, but if I was in your position, a good 1/2 gallon of ice cream would do me good...:)

Get well soon!

This post was edited by kentuck_8b on Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 7:55

o

Good to hear you're doing well, Sandy:)

Hoping for you to gain strength one day at a time.

I feed my Mom Lentil soup a couple times a month. I love it too.

Julie

o

I'm with Kt, bring on the good food. Moose Tracks ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pie (since it's that time of the season), zucchini bread, etc. I think I just gained 5 pounds!

I agree with sushipup, Easy does it! Great that you're home, that means you'll progress even faster with recovery. . Being home makes you feel better instantly.

Take care, Bernie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here