Return to the Test Forum

o
Surprise

Posted by luvtosharedivs 5a Wisconsin (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 8:46

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surprise

I've been trying to load this since last night with no luck. My computer is really slow.

Kt

o

o

Still no luck...

o

I don't know what to tell you, Kt.
What browser are you using?
It loads slow if I use IE.
I have better luck with Firefox, and sometimes better luck with Google Chrome. Since we upgraded our speed last Summer, I'm able to watch most videos w/o interruption, no matter what browser I use. If I watch a quilting class that lasts 30 minutes I use G-Chrome.

J

o

I use IE. How do I get/use Firefox on the same computer?

I used to have a video downloader that sped things up, but I don't know what happened to it or which one it was.

Kt

o

You can download Mozilla Firefox for free, and you should get an icon on your desktop to use any time you wish. You may be asked if you want Firefox to be your default browser, but you can always say no.

I have an IE icon on my task bar because it came with my computer, so I click on that if I want to browse with IE.
If I want to browse with Firefox, I just click the FF icon on my desktop. It's also in my startup menu.

Same goes for Google Chrome, which is also free. The only reason I added Google Chrome is because of a Quilting class I paid good money for. It was loading painfully slow with IE and FF and I e-mailed the techy guys on that site, and they suggested I use Google Chrome. It made all the difference in the loading speed for that video class.

If you do install Firefox, you will first get a new/different homepage provided by Firefox. But you can change it to the same homepage that you use for IE by changing the homepage address under "options". I can show you how to do that if you decide to download Firefox.

You will not lose your IE browser by installing Firefox or Google Chrome.

Hope that helps.

Julie

o

Julie, those were really nice. FWIW I just downloaded Chrome and its awesome fast, but I keep getting knocked off when I switch pages. And I don't know how to navigate. Going over there in small doses to learn it. (Maybe fast because I don't have anything loaded yet) :)

Thanks for the fun videos. Nice to see they were able to do that in a mall and I wish the PC police could see the welcome reception.

o

You're welcome, Sandy.

I don't know why you're getting knocked off using Google Chrome. I actually don't do a lot of browsing with GC...just use it with half a dozen sights, which I have added to the favorites bar. GC's favorite's bar is very unusual, in that it's displayed vertically across the top of the screen, unlike FF or IE, which display your favorites (or bookmarks) in a vertical menu on the right of your screen.

Another odd thing about Google Chrome is that the homepage displayed is different on my laptop than on my desk top computer. For some strange reason, my laptop's GC homepage is the Toshiba site, probably because my laptop is a Toshiba. My desktop computer shows a completely different homepage...I think it's mostly blank, with a Google search bar in the center.

Anyway, I do most of my browsing and searching using IE or FF, and I have Wisconsin Internet as homepage for both those browsers.

I am sitting here right now with three browsers open, IE, FF, and GC...moving between all three, and I can jump from one to another with no trouble. But I am the only one using the internet right now. If DH were also online on the other computer, loading would become slower, especially if we were both watching videos.

Good luck, Sandy, learning the bells & whistles of Google Chrome!

Julie

o

Still no luck. I must have a computer problem.

Kt

o

Tried Firefox and Chrome(which I had downloaded a while back) and still no luck.

After 7 minutes it finally loaded 1 minute of video...same with Firefox(maybe slower).

Kt

o

Hmmmmmm...That's a bummer!

It's almost as if you were still on dial up service.

Were you ever able to watch YouTube videos at a faster speed than you can now?

I have no sound advise to give you, since I'm at a limited computer savvy level. But maybe you could use an upgrade of some sort, either in ISP download/upload speed or in the computer itself.

I wish Mikie or Bob would pop in with their advise.
Has anyone heard from them lately?

Julie

o

KT,This will measure what you are getting from your ISP. Just for example, mine is (download)1346 mb/s and (upload) .99 mb/s. Almost 1 am so not too much traffic on the cable lines I would think. Last time I ran this, mid day, it was a bit less.

Considered an OK connection. Sometimes painfully slow, though, so then it is something with my computer.

Mikie and Bob both post fairly frequently on the Computer Forum, Julie. I wish they'd pop in too.

Here is a link that might be useful: speed test

o

Thank you both.

My other computer is slow also.

Sandy, I do not get any results on that website. I must not be going to the right place on that page.

Kt

o

Sorry, KT, think I might have copied the wrong page on that site. See if this is better, if you want to. I just noticed it says for broadband. DK if it works for dsl, or whatever you have. I use another that's for either dsl or broadband but it reports in kb/s. That's ok too, I guess. I'll post that one too.

Here is a link that might be useful: speedtest

o

I use the top test. Each one explains underneath which kind of connection it can test.

Not sure this one will be helpful because they're far from you. Never thought that mattered, but I just tried Colorado and got much lower numbers than I do for NJ or NY. There is a place on that page for other tests, though.

Scrolling down to US sites, I see there are lots in Tx. Hope this helps a little, or a LOT.

Here is a link that might be useful: other one

o

Thanks, Sandy!

Finally found one that worked. Both upload and download speeds are at 0.13mbps (yet my connection on the computer says 100 mbps), so that may be my problem. I guess I am not getting a good signal from the local tower.

I'll look into it more tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Kt

o

o

o

bump

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Alright........see ya later.

o

That was great, and I guess you're able to open things now? OK, bye.

o

It's a short video and my speed was faster than usual, so it took less than 10 minutes to load the video.

o

just bumping

o

Kt,

I just thought of something else that might help you view videos better. You can change the quality of the video.

Instead of watching it in high definition, you can lower the resolution by clicking a tool usually in the lower right corner of the video screen. The tool sometimes can't be seen unless you hover your mouse in the lower right corner of the video screen. You should see an icon that looks like a gear in the lower right of the "Flash Mob" video. If you click on it, you will see several numbers listed. I have mine set at 360p to be able to see the video w/o interruption. You can try that, or go a step lower. You may be able to hear the audio just fine, but the image will be more distorted.

I have to play with the resolution with all the internet videos I watch, even the instructional ones.

Julie

o

Thanks, Jule, but I already tried that. In HD, I'd have to wait 6 months to download a 6 minute video...sigh.

o

It has to be my internet service but they are hard to reach.

Kt

o

It has to be my internet service but they are hard to reach.

Get longer arms.

Just bumping

o

I called my ISP Sunday, and what the heck!?!?...it was working great, after being sloooow for several days. What are the chances? Sounds suspicious, like they knew what I was calling for and did something to speed up my connection. Hmmm...

Still somewhat fast speed, but has some slow times.

o

o

SAD, BUT TRUE. In My Email Today.

Kind of interesting for those of us who went to high school in the 50s or 60's and also those who went more recently.

You should know that by today's standards none of us were supposed to ever make it.

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario 1:
Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2012 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2012 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it .

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2012 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
2012 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock .
2012 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2012 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 7:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2012 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

How stupid we have become!

Kt

o

Amazing how times have changes for the worse.

When I went to grade school in the late fifties, I remember a child bringing a naughty picture to school. (This was a one room schoolhouse.) The teacher never scolded the student, but instead, took the picture from the child's desk during recess time, and sent it home in the mail. The student never did such a thing again, and that was the end of it.

A couple of years ago a 4th grade teacher friend of mine had a particularly difficult and roudy group of students. One in particular drove him nearly to the edge with her unruly behavior. She had been in trouble many times, and was sent to the office as many times, was even suspended a time or two. The teacher finally said one day, "If you keep it up, I may do something that could put me in jail." The student told her mother, mother met with the principal, and to make a long story short, the teacher was reprimanded and eventually sent to teach at a different elementary school. But the student was allowed to stay where she was.

As time goes on in the schools, more and more students lose respect for adult authority.

Julie

o

As time goes on in the schools, more and more students lose respect for adult authority.

Well stated, Jule!

It starts at home. You can't expect them to act right if they aren't taught right.

Kt

o

Oh, yesterday I heard that Lance Armstrong lied to oprah...WHAT?!?!?!?! So he lied about lying?

And today I heard that Beyonce(never even heard of her) lip-synced a song at the inauguration...does anyone even really give a crap????

Also today I read the headline: "Former Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo promises to smoke marijuana with filmmaker"

Here's a good one...how about getting your butt injected with silicon then sealed with krazy glue, ok, not out of the ordinary, but from a fake doctor in a hotel room? "Florida police: Man posing as doctor gave silicone injections, sealed with Krazy Glue"

Yep, I know I go to the dentist all of the time in a hotel room. I also go see an ophthalmologist at the city dump, heck next time, I'll save even more money and get a colonoscopy at my butcher's shop.

Geeeez...

o

o

Rec'd via e-mail...

(This makes my blood boil)...

America designed by geniuses, run by idiots.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if...
You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but not for being in the country illegally.
====================================

You have to have your parents signature to go on a school field trip but not to get an abortion.
An 80 year old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a Muslim woman in a burka is only subject to having her neck and head searched.

Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more of our money.
A seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for calling his teacher "cute" but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable.
The Supreme Court of the United States can rule that lower courts cannot display the 10 Commandments in their courtroom, while sitting in front of a display of the 10 Commandments.
Children are forcibly removed from parents who appropriately discipline them while children of "underprivileged" drug addicts are left to rot in filth infested cesspools of a "home".
Hard work and success are rewarded with higher taxes and government intrusion, while some slothful, lazy behavior is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones.
The government's plan for getting people back to work is to provide 99 weeks of unemployment checks (to not work).
Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the government.
Politicians think that stripping away the amendments to the constitution is really protecting the rights of the people.
The rights of the Government come before the rights of the individual.
You pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor defaults on his mortgage (while buying iPhones, TV's and new cars) and the government forgives his debt and reduces his mortgage (with your tax dollars).
Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you "safe".
You can write a post like this just by reading the news headlines.

(End of e-mail message.)

Now this from my hubby...
One of his police officer friends' wife was trying to tell him to be quiet in a grocery store. They were standing in the check-out line behind a woman with two full carts of food. She handed the clerk a $5 bill and a government card of some sort. So the police officer (not in uniform) said, "Look at all that food that we're paying for!"

Julie

o

Ticks me off also! Sad, but true...

"Look at all that food that we're paying for!"

I agree 100%, and I'd like to shake that mans hand! It seems some of us still have good values and aren't afraid to say what they feel, and in this case, it's the truth.

Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more of our money.

Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you "safe".

These two in particular stand out, but several others apply directly to obama. I hope everyone who voted for 'change' is happy now.

Kt

o

I hope everyone who voted for 'change' is happy now.

I have no doubt they are going to be happier and happier.

o

Don't worry...be happy.

o

This post was edited by kentuck_8b on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 21:32

o

Just doing some house cleaning

o

bump

o

I finally got to watch the Flash Mob!

That is great, but I'm surprised that no one tried to stop it.

That should happen more often.

Kt

o

Doing house cleaning again.

o

Bernie, thanks for house cleaning!

Kt,
Glad to hear you could finally watch the Flash Mob! Your computer must be running faster? That kind of stuff happens all the time around the Christmas season, and no one seems to mind. They ought to try it during other seasons, and see if people accept it.

I just got a new receiving dish installed on my roof and OMG what a difference. It's very large, about 15" in diameter, but I'm not trying to impress the neighbors with the looks of my house, so I don't care. We were having connectivity issues for the past several days, and I had had enough, so with all my complaining, we got better service now. Power, according to the techie guys that installed it, is now at 100%. WOW!!!

Julie

o

100%...great! I'll never have really good service with the company I'm with, but for now I can put up with it.

Thinking of going with Dish, but don't know enough about them yet.

Kt

o

Our dish is not a satellite dish. We still receive a land radio signal from an antennae atop a water tower. But the dish has a concentrated signal that's beamed directly at the tower. Before, we had a small receiver that sent (received?) signals in a cone shape. So the signal was bouncing off many things before it reached us. We still may have to trim a few tree branches next Spring, as they might affect the signal when they leaf out.

J

o

Dish is a network company. There is Dish TV and Dish Satellite Internet Service.

I also have an antenna looking thing pointed at the water tower about 2 mile away from here. If tree limbs get anywhere near it, it can interfere with reception, but the huge oak in front of my house does not seem to have any effect on reception probably since it is about 75 yards from the antenna.

Kt

o

house cleaning

o

Just rec'd via e-mail...
Some of you may have already seen this, if it's being passed around the internet...

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2012-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.
I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.
Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!
I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!
I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).
;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime.
I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life..
Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,
Alex

o

Too funny!

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket...

and

Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

Those are my two favourite lines.

Kt

o

o

Just dusting.

o

Rec'd via e-mail...

IT'S WHAT YOU SCATTER

I was at the corner grocery store buying some early potatoes... I noticed a small boy, delicate of bone and feature, ragged but clean, hungrily apprising a basket of freshly picked green peas.
I paid for my potatoes but was also drawn to the display of fresh green peas. I am a pushover for creamed peas and new potatoes.
Pondering the peas, I couldn't help overhearing the conversation between Mr. Miller (the store owner) and the ragged boy next to me.
'Hello Barry, how are you today?'
'H'lo, Mr. Miller. Fine, thank ya. Jus' admirin' them peas. They sure look good'
'They are good, Barry. How's your Ma?'
'Fine. Gittin' stronger alla' time.'
'Good. Anything I can help you with?'
'No, Sir. Jus' admirin' them peas.'
'Would you like to take some home?' asked Mr. Miller.
'No, Sir. Got nuthin' to pay for 'em with.'
'Well, what have you to trade me for some of those peas?'
'All I got's my prize marble here.'
'Is that right? Let me see it', said Miller.
'Here 'tis. She's a dandy.'
'I can see that. Hmm mmm, only thing is this one is blue and I sort of go for red. Do you have a red one like this at home?' the store owner asked.
'Not zackley but almost.'
'Tell you what. Take this sack of peas home with you and next trip this way let me look at that red marble'. Mr. Miller told the boy.
'Sure will. Thanks Mr. Miller.'
Mrs. Miller, who had been standing nearby, came over to help me.
With a smile she said, 'There are two other boys like him in our community, all three are in very poor circumstances. Jim just loves to bargain with them for peas, apples, tomatoes, or whatever.
When they come back with their red marbles, and they always do, he decides he doesn't like red after all and he sends them home with a bag of produce for a green marble or an orange one, when they come on their next trip to the store.'
I left the store smiling to myself, impressed with this man. A short time later I moved to Colorado , but I never forgot the story of this man, the boys, and their bartering for marbles.
Several years went by, each more rapid than the previous one. Just recently I had occasion to visit some old friends in that Idaho community and while I was there learned that Mr. Miller had died.
They were having his visitation that evening and knowing my friends wanted to go, I agreed to accompany them. Upon arrival at the mortuary we fell into line to meet the relatives of the deceased and to offer whatever words of comfort we could.
Ahead of us in line were three young men. One was in an army uniform and the other two wore nice haircuts, dark suits and white shirts...all very professional looking. They approached Mrs. Miller, standing composed and smiling by her husband's casket.
Each of the young men hugged her, kissed her on the cheek, spoke briefly with her and moved on to the casket Her misty light blue eyes followed them as, one by one; each young man stopped briefly and placed his own warm hand over the cold pale hand in the casket. Each left the mortuary awkwardly, wiping his eyes.
Our turn came to meet Mrs Miller. I told her who I was and reminded her of the story from those many years ago and what she had told me about her husband's bartering for marbles. With her eyes glistening, she took my hand and led me to the casket.
'Those three young men who just left were the boys I told you about.
They just told me how they appreciated the things Jim 'traded' them. Now, at last, when Jim could not change his mind about color or size....they came to pay their debt.'
'We've never had a great deal of the wealth of this world,' she confided, 'but right now, Jim would consider himself the richest man in Idaho ...'
With loving gentleness she lifted the lifeless fingers of her deceased husband. Resting underneath were three exquisitely shined red marbles.
The Moral:
We will not be remembered by our words, but by our kind deeds. Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED.

o

Nice.

Jim would consider himself the richest man in Idaho ...

Yes, indeed. It's not about money, at least in the sense of coins or gold, but in the riches held in the hearts of those who give, especially to those who give in return for a good deed they received earlier during hard times, and have never forgotten those who were kind enough to give in their time of need.

A great article, thanks for sharing it here, Jule!

Kt

o

o

o

o

just dusting

o
RE: Surprise1

dusting again

o

cleaning the oven

o

o

o

Surprize was one of the notorious Second Fleet ships to Port Jackson. At 400 tons burthen (bm), she was the smallest ship of the fleet, and was an unsuitable vessel for so long a voyage, proving to be a wet ship even in moderate weather. In rough seas and heavy gales the convicts “were considerably above their waists in water”, according to the commander of the guards. She had been chartered by the British East India Company to load tea at Canton for the return journey. In company with Neptune and Scarborough she sailed from England with 254 male convicts on 19 January 1790. Her master was Nicholas Anstis, formerly chief mate on the Lady Penrhyn in the First Fleet, and surgeon was William Waters. She arrived at the Cape of Good Hope on 13 April 1790, and spent sixteen days there, taking on provisions. She was parted from her consorts in heavy weather and came in sight of Port Jackson on 23 June. Contrary winds blew here out to sea again and she did not make port until 26 June 158 days out from England. During the voyage thirty-six convicts died (14%), and 121 (48%) were sick when landed.

Wikipedia.

o

o

cleaning out the inside of the water pipes

o

Cleaning up after Bernie.

o

not feeling good. stomach flu. second day.

o

Well wishes for you, Bernie!

Julie

o

Feel better, Bernie... but I'm not cleaning up after you :)

o

Stomach flu...hmmmm. I had the gut flu once. Also had the chest flu and the head flu, but don't think I've ever had the lung flu or elbow flu.

I guess I better text Little Bernie and send him straight to Michigan. Sounds like you might be needing some extra care...just the job for Little Bern.

Rest easy...

Kt

o

Thanks for the get well wishes. It is much appreciated.

Sandy you don't have to clean up after me because I'm using...............Depends. I thought I would not be using those for another 20 years in the future but let me tell you , they work great. I'm also surprised as to how comfortable they are. I wore my bathrobe for 2 days but today I put on some jeans and the depends are not bulky or anything else.

Kt, don't send Little Bernie up here. Brown streaks wouldn't look good with his black and white suit.

Take care everybody and stay healthy. Bernie

o

You just had to go and share that with us, huh?

And I had to read it just before eating my supper.

Get well soon!!!

Julie

o

Hmmmmm, suddenly I'm hungry for a hot steak sandwich with brown gravy. Go figure...

o

Hmmmmm, suddenly I'm hungry for a hot steak sandwich with brown gravy. Go figure...

Add some mashed potatoes and I'll have some in a couple of days.

o

on the bottom also

o

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
-George S. Patton

o

That lucky old sun got nothin' to do but roll around heaven all day.
- Haven Gillespie

o

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make a pig squeal.

- Kt

o

You know you are there when you look around.

o

My new favorite saying(from the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel)

Everything will be alright in the end, so if it isn't alright...it isn't the end.

Now about those Depends. DH informed me he will never again eat the soup we had the other night (Lipton chicken noodle) because it gave him uh, problems. Evidently those prunes I brought home for a recipe and he is eating by the handful are just tasty.

o

Are you sure it wasn't the prunes instead of the soap? Just bumping.

o

Bern, eating 'soap' really would give you the _____, but I never heard of Lipton chicken noodle soap.

o

Wow! I really did type soap didn't I. Hope Sandy DH is doing OK.

o

He's doing fine. Just had to laugh at his choice of which had caused it. DD chewed on a bar of soap she swiped off a lower shelf as I pushed her in a stroller. Yup, very cleansing.

o

If I go to a friends house and go to wash my hands and see teeth marks in the barsoap, I wonder what that means?

o

o

o

I'm surprised that my computer is slow again tonight.

Everytime I type a message, it takes several minutes, or even 'times-out' before it will post.

I think it's a connection problem.

Bump.

Kt

o

Is it slow when you type in a word processor program.

Possible virus??

With the drought that you have there, maybe the juice in the wires for the Internet is running low.

o

No, I recently hooked an IV for the wires on my PC so that's not the problem.

Seems better today. Maybe just the personality of my computer. Sometimes it is a bit testy.

o

o

o

Now that pic is cool!
Lighting a cig with the sun held in the palm of his hand.
I can't find any camera properties with that pic...must've been photoshopped?

Julie

o

Even went all the way to the top of the earth for the light. Makes "I'd walk a mile for a camel" so insignificant. :)

I really like that picture too though, Julie.

o

That is a nice picture. A good composition.

o

just bumping

o

vacuuming

o

vacuuming again

o

Bok bok?

o

Has anyone heard from Sue?

o

I was going to ask myself, but I did see a post from her on the computer forum just this week. And she gets really involved with the plant/seed swaps.

I've been pretty concerned about Bob414 for a while now, though.. He's been a regular on CF, not as regular as he was here, but pretty regular and I haven't seen him in quite a while.

o

I was wondering about Bob also. I bet those two young girls have really grown since we've heard from him.

o

Oh, I'll bet they are. Hope they're all OK. Such a nice family. I keep thinking of that wedding pic he posted on his anniversary. They were so young and their wedding and her dress looked so beautifully simple.

o

o

polishing the silver

o

About time you got back to work

o

You know what they say about idle hands...........What do they say about idle hands.

o

painting the inside of the water pipes

o

o

dusting memory chips

o

Where is everybody?

o

Who are you talking about?

o

I can tell you it's not the nameless one.

o

Good, cause I don't care about the nameless one either.

o

dusting the urls

o

o

Butterfinger.

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Surprise.

o

LOL!

Fun video:)

o

Really funny.

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Surprise, AZ

o

washing the roof shingles.

o

Rec'd via e-mail:

Click

o

Thanks for the link. I read a story about him some time ago. Judging by his teeth, the dog has some age on him.

I had a dog that used to climb trees, and I mean 'climb', not run up a leaning tree. The dog dug his claws in like a cat and climbed the tree. I could tell him to stop halfway up, and he'd stop. Sometimes though, he couldn't hang on long and would have to turn and jump down.

Great story, Jule.

Kt

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Go Here.

o

He must have a great sense of balance, not to get dizzy during the performance!
Kt, you should practice like that in your spare time;)

j

o

My head is already spinning most of the time these days without any extra help.

Kt

o

Julie, I enjoyed that dog video. Did you watch the one posted at the bottom of that? I saw that movie recently and really loved it. I so miss having a dog.

o

Kt,
Yes, as busy as you are, you might want to put that practice stunt on the back burner for a while.

Sandy,
Yes, I watched the second movie...brought a tear to my eye.
Maybe after your surgery you can get another dog.

J

o

o

o

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Click Here.

o

So this thread thought it would go and visit cyberspace. Time to come home.

o

This post was edited by kentuck_8b on Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 9:04

o

just bumping before Kt

o

up to the top

o

Via email.

I became confused when I heard the word "Service" used with these agencies:

Internal Revenue “Service”
U.S. Postal “Service”
Telephone “Service”
Cable TV “Service”
Civil “Service”
State, City, County & Public “Service”
Customer “Service”

This is not what I thought “Service” meant. But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to “Service” a few cows.

BAM!!! It all came into focus.

Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.

o

LOL!
Didn't see that one coming.

j

o

bringing it back

o

Has there been some house-cleaning around here?

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Interesting...

o

Dancing Little Girl.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click This.

o

from the depths of cyberspace

o

AN ATHEIST IN THE WOODS

An atheist was walking through the woods.
'What majestic trees!'
'What powerful rivers!'
'What beautiful animals!' He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer.

He tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant moment, the Atheist cried out: 'Oh my God!'

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky. "You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, and said: "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very well", said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke:

"Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from Thy bounty through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen."

Kt

o

LOL!!!

Good one:)

j

o

Very good.

o

Here is a link that might be useful: Strange.

o

The octopus came from a Red Wing fan.

o

the last one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Test Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here