Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

wanted: east tn plant swap

SmokyMist
18 years ago

I am working together with TNShadyLady, so we can plan all of these swaps on dates that won't interfere with each other. Wouldn't that be fantastic, 3 plant swaps to go to in one month ! From what I understand the Middle TN swap is on the 20th of May ( Please correct me if I'm wrong). The Knoxville Swap is on the 27th , is that correct ? I have been working with a group on my Yahoo site, some are from Gardenweb, some are gardeners from other mountainess regions lol. We were waiting to hear everyone's dates to plan ours. So just to let ya'll know there will be a East TN Plant Swap aka Mountain Madness Plant Swap, and there will be some really interesting people that you've never met at this one, several who are totally into organic gardening ( I'm hoping to have one as a speaker ). I will have one gardener from TN, further East than me who grows organically and shares a portion of his garden with shelters.

A very nice gardener is helping to build us a website, all we're waiting on is a date. It will be held in Seymour again this year. Email me or post here if you have any questions or comments. Thanks !!!

Comments (10)

• TnShadyLady
    18 years ago

We haven't finalized a date for the one at my house yet. But it will be either May 20 or 27 (if that date changes, I'll be sure to let you know). I have several friends that are checking graduation dates to make sure we don't have to rule out May 27. I hope to have a firm date set by mid-February at the latest.

Between the two area swaps, hopefully EVERYONE will find a date that works for them!

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have a yahoo group going for the East TN swap,which we are nicknaming the Mountain Madness Plant Swap. We're tossing around the date of the first weekend in May for the swap. The last two weekends of May look booked, and everyone is busy the first of June, so looks like the first weekend in May for our swap :o)

• sondra_tn
    18 years ago

OK..I am on the right post now...LOL I am coming!!! Least I plan on it..Who know's..I might make the two in East TN...Not sure where Seymour is though...Is there a webiste to go to to check out what we need to bring and thing's that help make trading easier or what not's? ( newbie here...yet don't want to be stuck at the table's all day) LOL
    Thanks for everyone being so generous and for making this happen. I can't wait to meet you all...Also, I think I need to update my want list...is there a limit? ROFL!!!!
    Sondra

• sondra_tn
    18 years ago

How do I get info on the yahoo group also? I would like to make the two East TN meet's...I thought I was a member but can't REmember...LOL Here is my email since gw is hiding them....

Sondra @ raisingcaneranch@yahoo.com

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    18 years ago

We're working on it Sandra. Seymour is in between Knoxville and Sevierville. I'll send you an invite to our group. That way you can ask any questions you'd like and talk about the swap in general.

Cheryl

• devidigs
    18 years ago

Smokymist,

One more long time neophyte who loves to dig garden comin' your way. Are small time personal garden putzers invited too? If so, I'll be there with bells on; well, at least with the bells in my bag!

Bliss and blessings,
    Devi (sounds just life Davie)

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Devi and welcome to gardenweb !!! I see you just joined up today, so I am very glad to meet you also . Yes anyone who is interested in gardening can come to our swap of course !!

Cheryl

• big_orange_vol_
    18 years ago

How do we get invited to this group and why haven't Lavonne and I already received our invitation? ;-)

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ahem.....I had no idea you and Lavonne were going to drive all the way to East TN to come to the swap ! You know I'd be thrilled. Invite on it's way.

Cheryl

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I keep forgetting to come back here and post about the swap, as I do it on the Mountain madness yahoo group. Sorry about that, I guess life just gets in the way. So...bear with me. Our swap IS on May 6th, and by Monday I will hear back from a special place I am wanting to hold it at. So far I have gardeners coming from Cosby, Jefferson City, Seymour, Knoxville, Whitehouse , and elsewhere. There will be an article about it in the Seymour Herald soon, and also in a Sevierville paper I can't think of the name of ( forgive me !). One of the topics I hope we can discuss...organic gardening, you won't want to miss it.
    Now...that's all the advertising I'm up to lol.

Cheryl

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler