Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Knoxville Brugs - Pick up only

Posted by tnshadylady 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 8, 07 at 10:12

Help! With the addition of several new cultivars, I find myself with more brugmansia than I can grow this summer.

I have several mature brugmansia (angel trumpets) that I am storing dormant in my basement. These are too large for me to haul over to the Knoxville Plant Swap on May 5. If you would like one or more, please email me (or post here) and I will hold them for you for a convenient pickup in the spring. I have a couple that could easily be picked up in a car, and 2-3 that are large enough that a van or truck is needed.

I will soon be starting the process of "waking them up" and you can expect to see blooms in late May to early June on mature brugs.

I also will be bringing rooted cuttings to the swap.

Cheryl aka "Nat"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Knoxville Brugs - Pick up only

Cheryl - I'd love to have one of your Brugs if you have enough. I've sent you an email.

Frances

o

Frances,
I didn't receive an email from you - - it must be rolling around in cyber space. But I will certainly save you one.
If I remember right, you have a big truck and I could save you a big one!

Cheryl

o

I just sent myself a test email and it didn't go through. I don't know what's up -- so if you have an interest post here and I'll try to email you!

o

Thanks Cheryl! - My home computer is on the blink right now but should (hopefully) be fixed in a few days. You can send me a PM on the Knoxville Plant Swap forum if you'd like, or I'll let you know when my home email is back up.

Frances

o

Hi Cheryl,
I would also love to have one of your brugs. I can arrange to come by either before or after the swap if you'd like. Today is the first time I've been online in months-I hope I'm lucky enough that you still have some up for adoption.
Thank you either way!
Marianne

o

Marianne,
I will save you one!

o

Hi, I would love to have one if you still have any. I could meet you some where convenient. Please let me know. Thanks! Christie

o

Hi I sent you an e-mail i hope you got it. I'm not sure where you are located in knoxville, but I would LOVE to have one if you still have enough. I could come buy where ever to pick up. Thanks alot. Christie

o

Christie,
I don't think the email system through GW is working. I am not receiving any emails and I've noticed several other posts where folks indicate there is a problem.

Assuming that Krikit and Marianne get the ones that they've asked for, I won't have anymore large ones. But I do have plenty of well rooted cuttings if you would like a couple.

I will be bringing them to this Saturday's swap. If that's not convenient, let me know here and we'll work out something.

Cheryl "Nat"

o

That may be possible. Where is the swap at? Ive been trying to find out. Also what time? Her is my e-mail in case you need it... emtcodered2004@yahoo.com Thank You!!
Christie

o

Christie,
here is the website that gives all the information on the Knox Swap:
www.knoxplantswap.com

There is also a thread under Tennessee Exchanges "Wanted: May 5 Knox Swap" and another under the Tennessee Discussions: "Knoxville May 5 Plant Swap"

Hope to see you Saturday.

Cheryl "Nat"

o

thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here