Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Flying Dragon

Posted by maternut 7 west tn (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 11:25

Last year I found a wild orange tree, forgot the proper name.
Was told that this one was called a Flying Dragon. To make a long story short I have three or four young plants. Would
any one going to Mid Tn. spring swap be interested in one?
If so I will put your name on one.
Norm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Flying Dragon

Me Me Me....
did I say Me? Me please Norm.

o

Norm, who else but Big Orange Vol????????

o

Hi Norm,
Me too,pretty please!! Also will you have any fig seedlings this year,if you do I'd dearly love one of them too. I'll find you something good-do you have any special wants??
Marianne

o

I will take care of you folks. Was a bad winter for my fig
cuttings. According to Marty I allways started the cuttings
at the wrong time of the year, they must have heard her
because they all died this year. Now you folks know that this
orange is not edible,just sort of strange.
Norm

o

Norm, would love to have more blackberry babies, if you have any come up. Mom actually had blackberries off those last ones this year.

o

I am sure there will be more blackberry plants.
Norm

o

Great !!

o

Orange? Strange?
Fits me to a T.

o

Norm, are these seedlings contorted? (corkscrew or something like that?) the hardy orange, poncirus trifoliata, has one cultivar with dragon in the name which is a contorted tree. Unfortunately that trait is rarely passed on to it's offspring. I would really like to have one of these. (the contorted one that is. I have several of the normal seedlings, thanks to members of the fall swap.

o

Well now I am not sure what they are. The parent tree was
contored and I thought the seedlings would be the same.
Will have a few extra if it's what you want.
Norm

o

If anyone going to the East TN/Knoxville swap is interested, I will have some of the normal (non-contorted) seedlings available. :-)

Incidentally -- the oranges ARE edible, in the sense that it is possible to make jam from them. They are just too sour to eat fresh, and too small/pithy to be very worthwhile to cook down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here