Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: my spring trade list

Posted by amazindirt z7 ETN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 1:24

Although I can't come to the swaps due to a conflict, I WILL be bringing plants to Cheryl P's place the day before the East TN/Knox swap -- so I AM pre-arranging trades. I am not planning on trading through the mail this year, so unless you have something really irresistible please keep responses to local trades only ("local" as in driving distance). Thanks!

I don't have much of a list yet -- it'll be growing in the next few weeks. With some of these things I'll only dig em if someone wants em, so speak up! So far:

Baby plants of "Black Beauty" lily, 3-4 pots -- from bulbils, not from scales
Young plants of Yucca "Bright Edge", 2-3 plants
Ornamental allium, unknown variety, 1 plant
Coleus, various, with and without ID
pitcher plants, some named varieties
--two for TnShadyLady, several still available
water lilies -- no names
one three year old fig tree, about 3 feet high, in a pot -- either Celeste or Brown Turkey
potted citrus trees, about 2-3 feet high each -- Key Lime, Meyer Lemon, Pummelo
"lucky" bamboo
seedlings of Dicentra eximia (fernleaf bleeding heart), 2-3 pots
"pink" phlox (unnamed variety), one pot
Salvia guaranitica, two pots
Lily of the valley
Hosta 'Flavocircinalis'
Berggarten sage
Hardy orange seedlings

Much more to come!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: my spring trade list

Well dangit Doc that ain't doin' me a lick of good if you're not coming to the MTPS!
I'd be all over that blue Hosta and the Black Beauty Lily.

o

Heck, Big O -- surely you can find someone driving from Knoxville to the swap? I'd be happy to send em along. :-)

o

I'm making the drive with the kids, I'd be happy to take them to Jeff.

o

That's a good thought, Cheryl.

Unfortunately, neither of my two previous attempts to meet you in person have gone well. The first time I tried to arrange a meeting with you (to go to a daylily festival or a local nursery), you ended up accusing me of stalking you and laughing on the board about how afraid of me you were. The second time (going to your swap), you banned me from the swap. So I'm sure you'll understand if I'm a bit leery of trying again!

Jeff -- it occurs to me that I drive to Nashville every few weeks or so. There's no reason why the plants have to get to you at actual swap time. I'm going to save you two pots of the baby lilies (2 or 3 bulbils per pot) and one or two crowns of the hosta, and I'll let ya know next time I'm there. So save a coupla spots for them!

o

Wow. Without going into the details of either of those two events and how there is much more to both of those than what you are saying.
I simply made an honest offer, that's all. You sure do hold a grudge. I won't offer again. Best of luck.

Cheryl

o

I just learn from my mistakes, Cheryl. You know the old saying -- once bitten twice shy? Well, I've been bitten twice -- and that's enough for me. I may learn slowly, but I do learn eventually!

As I said earlier -- it's a good idea in principle. But given my unpleasant previous experiences, I'm just not willing to risk trying it again. But thanks for the offer anyway!

o
trade list update -- 4/28

For all you traders out there -- here's the curent update on my spring trade list. More to come!

Baby plants of "Black Beauty" lily, 5 pots -- from bulbils, not from scales
-- 2 for Jeff
-- 2 for Robin
Young plants of Yucca "Bright Edge", 2-3 plants
Ornamental allium, unknown variety, 2 plants
-- 2 for Marianne
Coleus, various, with and without ID
pitcher plants, some named varieties
-- 2 for Cheryl P
-- 2 for Brandon
-- 2 for Betty
water lilies -- no names
-- 1 for Betty
one three year old fig tree, about 3 feet high, in a pot -- either Celeste or Brown Turkey
potted citrus trees, about 2-3 feet high each -- Key Lime, Meyer Lemon, Pummelo
"lucky" bamboo
seedlings of Dicentra eximia (fernleaf bleeding heart), 2-3 pots
"pink" phlox (unnamed variety), 1 pot
Salvia guaranitica, 2 pots
Lily of the valley
Hosta 'Flavocircinalis'
-- 1 or 2 crowns for Robin
-- 1 or 2 crowns for Jeff
Berggarten sage
Hakonechloa 'Aureola', 1 pot
-- Marianne
Sambac jasmine, 2-3 pots of rooted cuttings
Begonia 'Miss Mummy', 2-3 pots of rooted cuttings
Begonia 'Looking Glass', 1-2 pots of rooted cuttings

o

Just for clarity, I never accused you of stalking me. I was just a newbie on the board and to be honest the thought of meeting someone in person at that time made me extremely nervous.I never once came on the board and said you were stalking me, nor did I ever laugh about it. It WAS afterall about 3 years ago that this happened *sigh*. Oh well, nice list of plants :o) The forums have been a very peaceful place for the past 6 months doc...not one person has uttered a word about past happenings, until you. Please lets not turn what is now a pleasant place to be into a battleground . No need for unpleasant words, yours are the first in many moons.

o

Oh cmon, Cheryl, please just leave me alone. Please don't start trying to rewrite history yet again.

I believe your words about me being a stalker went something like "maybe it's a stalker!" and "ooooo, I'm so afraid! LOL!". And as for unpleasantness, when I came back on the forums this spring I saw some interesting quibbling about the name of the plant swap that YOU split off from, so don't try that one either.

I've heard privately over the last year or so from several other people whom you have treated similarly -- and some of them aren't even active on this forum. Just please, please, leave me alone. Go play your games with someone else. I'm not interested, okay?

o

Actually let's not YOU go there. I wish to God that the people who email me privately who are sick to death of you would tell you to your face. Believe me you'd be shocked. Why they won't I'll never know, but you need to know that the way you act is NOT acceptable and has made this forum a bad place for alot of the oldies to visit. I made a generous and honest offer, and YOU had to start something with all of your snide comments. A very simple, no thanks would have worked wouldn't it, but no you just HAD to start it up again. How DARE you accuse me of anything, when it's you who can't seem to forgive or forget, but sit in your little bitter world hurling accusations and talking behind people's backs. For a while there you even had a SECOND Gardenweb name and would come on here and argue with people, did everyone know that ? Now STOP IT !!!!!! I talk with Cheryl and have with Brandon on occasion about very pleasant gardening topics, but You just hold onto your bitter ways. I feel sorry for you, I truely do that you can't get over it and move on. You showed your true self when you posted that hateful response to my offer. It was an honest offer, and as you know many people from here have met me in person and know I'm a good friend to have. You and I might have gotten off to a bad start, but so many times I tried and tried to make things right with you, but you seem to delight in the suffering of others. It's over, I'm finished with you. You're hopeless.

o

Wow, Cheryl. Now THERE is a pleasant post. ;-)

I am not at all shocked that YOU find "the way I act" to be unacceptable. After all, I have a very low tolerance for BS. And yup, I did and do have two Gardenweb IDs. No, I do not "come on here and argue with people" using them. I use one (amazindirt) for GW conversations, and during periods when I'm doing a lot of trading I use the other one (plantaddict) to keep my trade emails from getting lost in non-trade emails. Oooooo, how dare I?

You have an interesting definition of "trying to make things right", I must say, but that is rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I'm sorry that my explanation of the reasoning behind turning down your offer has inflamed you so, and for that I apologize. But your explosion is just further proof that we are both better off when we don't interact with each other......so you're actually proving my point for me. So -- will you please leave me alone NOW?

o

I'm sorry, but this is just an ugly thread. I'm sorry you both have emnity for one another based on prior conflicts, but could you please carry on with any further flaming in private? It is very disheartening to the rest of us to see two of our own carrying on publicly in such a manner.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but if I am, it is only in the hope of returning this thread back to the topic it started with -- plant exchanges.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here