Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Paulownia Tomentosa seedlings

Posted by tngreenthumb z6 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 18, 06 at 14:49

Anyone happen to have any of these? I have one started but would like to get my hands on a couple more. If you are coming to the Middle TN Plantswap in May, I'd be happy to prearrange a trade.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Paulownia Tomentosa seedlings

When is the plant swap? Do you know? Sorry, I don't have any paulownia seedlings - I think they are considered invasive...

o

The next swap is May 20th. The link below will give you all the information you might need.

http://www.midtnplantswap.com/

I know they can be pretty invasive, but at least for a while I plan on pruning the seed pods off before they can ripen. My wife really liked the one that sprang up at her mom's house. Her dad keeps cutting the top out of it so it hasn't ever bloomed, much less spread.

I see a lot of people using them in new landscaping to provide quick shade trees.

o

Thanks for the info!!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here