Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol_

HAVE: Thousands of free plants

big_orange_vol_
17 years ago

Only 20 days until the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap! Start potting everythng up. With over 100 gardeners there should be well over 2,000 plants to be traded, countless seeds and all kinds of garden related stuff. If you have questions, email me.

Comments (8)

• Jan_Hobbs
    17 years ago

Can't believe its almost here...is going to be a fantastic day...you won't want to miss all the fun...and freebies...

Don't forget to bring your door prize if you want to participate...who will bring the best door prize this year??? Who will GET IT??? You can't if you don't bring one.

Jan

• katzswoman
    17 years ago

Hey Jan and Big Orange,
    What time does everything start, I was thinking about driving in that morning since I can't make it Friday Night.
    Thanks
    Martha

• zjones
    17 years ago

Hey Jeff-
    Are you bringing any bananas this year? Save one for me if you do....
    Zack

• big_orange_vol_
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'll have some small pups for the Spring Swap but I'd like to let most of them grow this Summer so that they can be nice sized ones for the Fall Swap. I'll make sure that I have you one Zack!

Martha you've got mail. Holler at me if there is something that I didn't cover!

• chiefgraybear
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I wish I could go to the plant swap, but it is the same weekend as the Cookville Pow Wow and I already have previous commitments there. You mentioned a fall swap. When and where will it be? If I know ahead of time, I can schedule to be there rather than somewhere else. Thanks, Gray Bear

• big_orange_vol_
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just got back from spending the weekend in GA...Chief the Fall Middle Tennessees Plant Swap will be in October but we won't set the date until after Lunch at the Spring Swap. I'll post the date that evening before I collapse after I finally get home.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    17 years ago

Chief --

If you are in the eastern half of the state, you should also consider coming to the East TN/Knox plant swap the end of this month. It'll be on May 27, north of Knoxville. For more info, look here:

http://www.knoxplantswap.com .

I hope you get to go!

• big_orange_vol_
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Chief, you go sing, dance and party it up on the Plateau. Have a great time at the Fairgrounds that weekend and then hit the Knox Swap the next weekend. (Please send me some Pow Wow pics and let me know how it was after you get home.) With all the vendors that bring stuff, you could probably use some of those crafts to swap with at the Knox Swap and the Fall MTPS too, if that's appropriate. You keep the Giveaways though; we don't do money on the drum! Everything is free at the MTPS. ;-)
    You know, come to think of it we do have some things in common with Pow Wow's...I MC the event (albeit poorly), we renew old friendships, make new ones, we eat some awesome food, we exchange generations of passed down knowledge and we share some of our most prized possessions with one another. Ok maybe that's a little bit of a stretch but the best thing is that you WON'T EVER be subjected to the horror of seeing me sing or dance at the MTPS.

I hope that you and your family have a wonderful time in Cookeville!

Sponsored