Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted: a brug

Posted by franklinjay z6 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 11, 06 at 22:32

I really, really want a brugmansia and can't find one anywhere. I don't have much to trade, but do have lambs ear, an unidentified tall orange canna, tons of arum italica, english ivy, and purple gladiolus (if they will transplant). Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted: a brug

Are you coming to the plant swap?? If so I can bring you a cutting off my versicolor peach. I'll get it rooting now if you let me know. I'd love to have some of your arum. If you aren't coming to the swap we may still be able to do a local trade.
Marianne

o

Thanks! I've been considering coming to the swap, but didn't have much to offer and don't know about conflicts this far out. I'd be glad to swap here in town. If the name doesn't give it away, I'm in Franklin, and I have PLENTY of arum.

o

Franklinjay, where in TN do you live? I may be able to help with your brug. Send me an email. Click on my page and you will see a link to send me an email.

Ann

o

If you don't find your brug, I have some well rooted cuttings, and would love to have some arum !

o

Bring 'em to the swap. No excuses. *grin*

I'll have a few brugs in attendance at the swap. Me and my sister pretty much always do.

Also, a lot of the plant places in town carry them now. But don't expect to find named cultivars very often. Usually you see "yellow brug" "white brug" and such. I saw several venders at the Farmer's Market with brugs.

But none I'd consider worth buying if you can get some for right next to free.

o

Jay make the trip to the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap!!!
Joe only brings HUNDREDS of 'em.

o

Thanks, all, for the offers. After farmerbell's generous offer and requisite warning re toxicity, I elected to wait until my one-year-old can understand "don't touch that plant."

I was planning on coming to the swap but a friend's wedding is getting in the way. I'll make it to one someday. It really sounds like a great time. Hope yall have a good one.

o

I think everyone has at least one of Joe's Brugs lol. I have a beautiful yellow one that I treasure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here