Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: fyi new plant swap near chattanooga, tn

Posted by simplylisa Tennessee (lisasavonplace@aol.com) on
Fri, May 25, 07 at 15:01

Just wanted to let you all know that the first Spring Rhea County Plant Swap will be held on June 2, 2007. It will be at Point Park in Dayton, TN which is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga and about 1 1/2 hours from Knoxville. It is also close to Pikeville, Athens, Decatur, Cleveland, Spring City, and sorta close to Rockwood and Crossville. Setup is at 9 am, swapping begins at 10 am and a potluck lunch at noon. We have a website up that is not completely finished yet so please bear with us the web address is www.freewebs.com/rheacountyplantswap If you need more info or directions my e-mail addy is LisasAvonPlace@aol.com please feel free to e-mail me anytime. Sorry for the late notice, this is my first time trying to host a swap and everything locally got hectic and to be honest I forgot I hadn't posted the info here. Most people here are not sure what a plant swap is and I would be thrilled to have some of the faithful GardenWeb swappers come helpo me introduce the locals to these awesome gardening events. Please come if you are able and if your not able please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that my first job at hosting one isn't a complete flop. Thanks in advance.
Hugs,
Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhea County Plant Swap Info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: fyi new plant swap near chattanooga, tn

Please keep us updated when the next one comes around.

And, in the mean time, do you have anything for trade now? What kinds of things are you looking for?

o

I'm just seeing this post now, June 16. I didn't even realize the exchanges section was here until I saw it pointed out in a post on the regular forum. I am in the area (near Birchwood) and would have loved to come if I had known in time. How did it turn out and will you be planning more?

Chris

o

I am also just seseing this swap idea on this parft of the board. We are fairly new to the area and loive in Soddy Daisy near the Possum Creek Campground. Love plants and do have a couple of plants to share whenever the next swap takes place. Have a couple of native columbines and maybe some asiatic lilies. This group sounds like a lot of fun and since I love flowers, it would be a good match. Cheryl

o

I'd sure like to hear how it went!

Don't forget the MTPS on Oct. 20th.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here