Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tnshadylady_gw

WANTED: Headcount for Knoxville Swap May 27

TnShadyLady
17 years ago

So that we can better plan food and parking, I would appreciate those of you who plan to come to the May 27 Knoxville Swap to let me know. Ok to post here, email me or sign up on the Swap forum at www.knoxplantswap.com

Last minute joiners are most welcome!! But it will make it easier for me to know much food to have, have chairs set out, etc. if I have a general idea of how many to expect.

Any questions? Just shout out and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Cheryl (known as "Nat" to my gardening buddies)

Comment (1)

• TnShadyLady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, the count down is on for the Knoxville Plant Swap! And we are going to have a GREAT time! I am so looking forward to seeing all of you. Cheryl "Nat"

Just a new last minute points:

Schedule:
    Sign in and get nametags for everyone!

Feel free to arrive early - - but swapping wonÂt begin until 10 (except for items that you have prearranged).

Picnic Lunch - - will be set up around 12:30 or when there is an obvious slow down in trading

Speaker - - Robin from BioEden will give a brief talk and answer questions on the use of Messenger and Mighty Plant

Group Photo!!!! LetÂs not forget to take a group photo after RobinÂs presentation.

More swapping and talking.

Parking:
    When you arrive, my husband will help you unload and direct you to an area to park.
    For those folks that will be staying the entire time, I would appreciate it if about 10 of you would be willing to park in an area where you will be blocked in. That way, there will be ample parking for those folks that may not be able to stay the entire time and need to park on the street.

I have counted spaces and we have enough room for 35 cars (which should be plenty!) on my property and in approved spots at my next door neighbors. PLEASE park only on the same side of the road as my house or to a directed spot so that we donÂt create a traffic jam. All parking is close by, but if anyone needs a handicapped spot - - please let me know in advance so that we can reserve you a spot.

Unloading:
    I have several wagons that will be available to be used for unloading plants. The wagons will be located near the brick mailbox - - grab one - - use it and return it for someone else to use. Once parking is filled in the lower driveway and in front of my house, we will reserve a space in the upper driveway for folks to pull in and unload their plants before parking.
    Food:
    If you bring items that need to be chilled, feel free to store them in my refrigerator.

I will be providing coffee and sweet iced tea, and a few others will be bringing water and sodas. But you may want to bring your own drinks if there is something specific you want.

Miscellaneous:
    I encourage you to bring a lawn chair! I have some seating but not enough for everyone.

You may want to consider bringing a card table/folding table to place your plants on.

Please label all your plants (masking tape on the pot does great) in advance. It is wise to keep 3 groups of plants - - plants that you have received, plants that are available for trade, and plants that you have promised to someone. Also consider bringing a list of your items that are promised to others, as well as a list of items promised to you. Even the best of swappers lose track once the fun of the swap begins.

Non-gardening guests - - please make yourself at home. Grab a comfortable chair on the front porch or under a tree. Too many folks for you - - then wander on back to the back...

Sponsored