Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Trading in West Tennessee?

Posted by gardengal_2006 7 (My Page) on
Wed, May 24, 06 at 18:50

I am very new to this and have seen alot on plant swamps. They look like so much fun! The only thing is I never can find anything in West Tennessee. I feel like I am missing out on all the fun. Does anyone know of any swaps on this side of the state?

Selina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Trading in West Tennessee?

Oh my, I meant Plant Swaps!

o

Selina I haven't heard of any in the Bluff City but rest assured...these swaps are growing like weeds. Everyone is begining to see the value and fun that they bring. Why don't you start one? I'll help you in any way I can.

Jeff

o

I would be interested. Where is Bluff City? I'm in Kenton which about 35 miles from Jackson.

Kim

o

Kim, "The Bluff City" and "The River City" are nicknames for Memphis because it's on the Lower or 4th Chickasaw Bluffs of the Mississippi River. Folks also use "Home of the Blues" and "Birthplace of Rock-n-Roll" as nicknames for Memphis too. I'm sure that there are more that I don't know of.

I'm just a repository of useless info.

o

Kim,
I'm trying to get one started....I have a 63 acre farm in Brighton TN which is about 30 mins North of Memphis. Please see our thread in the discussions. And by the way Jeff if I do It then I hope you will give me all of your advice.....:) And also join us.
Martha

o

That can give you the BEST advice:
Let someone else do it! ;-)

o

I would love to see one happen here too. I am new to the forums. I am in the Brighton/Atoka/Munford area.

o

Hey ladies, sorry to be gone so long. I have this habit of trying to do too much. What can I say, I like it all. Don't I feel silly. Oh course the Bluff City if Memphis. I have neve been acused of having too much common sense. Hey, what can I say, that's why I love books. Martha, I am not sure how much advise I have to offer but I would certainly like to participate. Keep me informed and if there is anything I can do to help just drop me a line.

Kim

o

I would be glad to help in any way I can. Just give me a call.

o

Where are we on the plans for this? Have we set a date and place?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here