Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Trying to get a new swap started

Posted by sweetposey 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 1, 06 at 12:39

My name is Tina. I am a shiny newcomer to this forum. I attended the plant swap in Hohenwald after having read about it in the Tennessean. I was amazed at the crowd myself, since I really had no idea what to expect. My mother, who is handicapped, also wanted to go. We didn't get to stay very long as she gets tired very quickly. But we met some very nice people and enjoyed the fellowship. I live near White House and one of my coworkers and I were talking about trying to get a swap going in this area. I'm sure there are many people who would attend a local event who can't or won't drive to all the way to Hohenwald. We had proposed either the White House city park or the J. Travis park in Springfield. We would be glad to have everyone interested attend, whether you're local or not. Please respond with any ideas, advice, etc. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Trying to get a new swap started

I would love too! I missed the swap, me and my hubby had to work, and could'nt make the long drive :)

o

I posted this same message on the forum. I got a great reply from Jeff Toothman, full of a lot of great advice. Please feel free to read it and give us your input.

Thanks!

Tina

o

I'm full of a lot of stuff, advice is only a small portion. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here