Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Seedling citrumelos and Windmill palms

Posted by mww181 7 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 07 at 20:53

I have several US 80-5 citrumelo seedings and a few Trachycarpus fortunei plants to give away or trade to anyone nearby. A citrumelo is a cross between a trifoliate orange and a grapefruit. They are hardy and have fruits that look like grapefruits although they are just ornamentals they don't taste very good. The flowers in the spring smell wonderful. I live between Athens and Decatur.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Seedling citrumelos and Windmill palms

Michael I sure wish I lived closer to you. Would love the cross between the trifoliate orange and grapefruit. I started some of the trifolate orange from seed a couple of years ago, from a old tree by some railroad tracks. It was the flying dragon, but the plants did not turn out to be the flying dragon. They are not twisted like the parent plant.
Norman

o

Hello Norman, maybe I can send you a couple seedlings, last year I had several one gallon chinotto orange trees that I just let die because no one wanted them. I saved one it was all I needed. These seedlings are just a few inches tall so they wouldn't be hard to send to someone that would appreciate them. There is one citrumelo that tastes almost like a grapefruit it is called Dunstan. I have one about 6 feet tall but it hasn't fruited yet. They are hard to find.

o

Would you consider shipping (if small) the Trachycarpus fortunei? Is there anything on my trade list you would be interested in?

o

The Trachycarpus are busting out of their one gallon pots and aren't that easy to mail. I sent 5 of them to Birmingham last fall and I don't want to do that again. If you are ever in the Athens area let me know and I can give you a few. I think you can e-mail me on here from my page.

o

Bring them to The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap on Oct. 20th!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here