Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: and Have: Sansevieria (in knoxville area)

Posted by brandon7 6b/7 TN (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 7, 06 at 22:14

Does anyone else in the Knoxville area collect Sansevieria? I got hooked on them last year and want more types. Right now, I have somewhere around 20 types. Most of mine are single specimens and cannot be divided yet, but I do have a few extras. I am too lazy to ship them, but would be happy to deliver them (already potted and growing well in a nice clay pot) in the Knoxville area if someone has one that I don't for trade.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: and Have: Sansevieria (in knoxville area)

i have "birds nest" but if you have 20 kinds, im pretty sure you have that one already.

o

Ryan, bird's nest Sansevieria are not a particular type (species or cultivar) but a form. The short and squatty, instead of long and more verticle, Sansevieria similar to S trifasciata are often called bird's nest Sans. I do have a few but not every type. If you happen to know the cultivar, it might be something I didn't have. I would especially be interested in any bird's nest form with stong variegation.

o

lol, i figured that there would be a cultivar but i dont know it. i took this plant home when they closed the Farragut High School greenhouse in early 2003. it has been at my moms house since. i think it has some varigation on it but not bright white, just lighter and darker green colors. if i could get you a picture of it could you ID it? im fairly certain its a common one, because it didnt come from someones private collection, it came from a public highschool :)

o

I doubt I could for sure. I am becomming more and more familiar with different types, but there are over 130 types including different species and cultivars. I can ID some of them pretty good. I bet if you posted a picture in the Savsevieria Gallery or Forum, someone could easily ID it and be more sure than I would be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here