Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mari5us

Roll Call for fall plant swap

mari5us
18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I can see by Jeff's posting that he is starting to sweat it and is wondering how many of us are planning to be at the river for the fall plant swap.

Jeff count me in, my son Brian and grandson Nevan. That will be 3 in my group. We are planning to camp out and will stay both Friday and Saturday nights.

I'll start a different thread with what I'm bringing and my wish list.

Come on everyone, let Jeff know if you think you'll be there!!

See you at the river!!

Marianne

Comments (22)

• rizzir
    18 years ago

I will be there alone (so far - perhaps I will yet find someone to accompany me.) I will be camping Friday and Saturday. I intend to do some serious fishing. See you at the river!

-Regina

• SmokyMist
    18 years ago

We're coming, hopefully. Still depends on whether or not I can leave my business at that time. Sorry to be so vague about it. If so, then it will be me, Aric and Catie, like always, pitching a tent beside Marianne and having our late night snack fests LOL.

Cheryl

• irisaddict
    18 years ago

I will be coming and will be bringing a friend who hasn't been before so put us down for 2. Not planning on camping but hope to in the future.

Evelyn

• cfb123
    18 years ago

I'm coming with dear friend Barbara who attended last fall and maybe my DIL. Not camping. Sure looking forward to this. :-)

Claudia

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

Jim and I will be there... :) ....trying to get family to come, too, but don't know as of right now. Now who's next?

Jan

• WaterfallHiker
    18 years ago

I'm new to Tennessee, but my husband and I will be there. We will only be there for the day. Looking forward to meeting some garden minded people.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    18 years ago

I'll be there with the "hippy van", as some folks have called it. ;-) Won't be camping. Save me a good parking spot!

• maternut
    18 years ago

Just had a birthday last week, wife has one next month.
    We may be too old to make such a long trip. But we will
    try and make the long journey.
    Norm and Barb

• wild_rose
    18 years ago

It'll be just me unless I can talk DIL into camping with me, but that's doubtful. Unless something comes up to stop me, I plan to camp both Friday and Saturday nights. Looking forward to those late night snacks, maybe some fishing too, but especially seeing good friends.

Virginia

• Big_Orange_Vol
    18 years ago

Oh please Norm don't even act like ya'll are ancient!
    Just load up the dang truck and get here on time.

• cmh35
    18 years ago

Jeff:
    I will be there. I won't be camping as I only live an hour
    away.. But I will be there with all that I have
    and being my first time I can't wait to get to see the guest speakers. vol. garden show is one of my favorite shows.
    carolyn from fairview, tn
    p.s anyone from out my way want to car pool let me know..

• SmokyMist
    18 years ago

Virginia, you know, it's those late night chats around the fire and camping out with friends that I look forward to most. NOT that I don't love coming home with a van full of plants lol. Norm, now you Barb have got to come, I can't go a swap without my hug from the two of you.

Cheryl

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

Norm you and Barb BETTER be there...or I will get out my wet noodle and get after you both! You 2 aren't that old, now.

Jan

• hosta_mom
    18 years ago

YAY!!! Just found out today that I'll be off work that day so I'll be there & probably bring my Mom & Sister again.

• dennisjmccoy
    18 years ago

I'm planning on being there, Saturday only.

• madgardener_ETN
    18 years ago

I need directions to the swap area. If at all possible I'm going to try and make it with a few plants in tow.......and the dawgs as company, of course. thanks!
    madgardener over in Eastern Tennessee just offa I-40

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

Directions can be found at www.buffalocanoeing.com. Go to the directions link and then choose your city. I am leaving Tues for a week so if anyone doesn't find directions they need, email me directly before tomorrow night and I will get you some to help you.

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

I just read the note about dogs and the swap. I'm sorry, but we have always made it a rule that there are no pets at the swap. We hope you will come anyway.

Jan

• pescitel
    18 years ago

I will hopefully be coming w/ my DH. We are new to gardening, but should have some seeds and hopefully some plants to share. I am not sure if we will be camping yet, since we'll have to leave Memphis pretty late on Friday night.

• cmh35
    18 years ago

Hey Jeff:
    Just a side note. I have been reading all about your remodeling cheapwood.. How bout bring pictures so all of us newbies can see what take up all your time.
    Carolyn

• tngreenthumb
    18 years ago

There's a slight chance I will be there with mom and sis in tow. Cathy will probably be too worried about getting things packed for the move.

Clikity click, Jeff....

• big_orange_vol_
    18 years ago

Carolyn I don't think that pics of the plumbing in the bathrooms and kitchen, reframed walls or the rewiring of the downstairs would be terribly exciting. Pics of the new appliances and sinks wouldn't generate much interest either. About the only thing that I could shoot would be the Kitchen and Breakfast room new floors and possibly the new countertops.

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County