Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: gourds

Posted by Hosta_Mom 6-7/TN (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 28, 05 at 21:35

Does anyone have any gourds to spare to bring to the mid tn swap???

I want some for martin houses & some for decorating--let me know what you might want in exchange. Pretty Please.....

:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Yup--I do :-)

I can use some hostas--do you have any unusual types? Or any perennial full sun tolerate plants? Or anything else unusual?

But, I'll bring them for you, no matter. ;-)

Claudia

o
3 gourds for you, I meant to say

Forgot to post how many I'd bring for you! Claudia

o
RE: WANTED: gourds

Cool - - I'll get ya a couple nice hostas together - I have to see what needs division. Would you like some that stay small?? I know my lemon lime needs to be divided. How about hosta companion plants (japanese painted fern)

I also have a nice peony start for full sun that could be pink, white, red, or if you are real lucky blue, since I got them mixed up & my sharpie ink faded away.

o

I can get you some for decorating, a little small for
Martin houses. On the subject of Martin houses, I bought
some plastic gourd shaped ones, not one bird built a nest
in them. I have store bought and homemade houses,they had
about 10% occupancy, gourds 100%.
Norm

o

I'm no hosta ID expert...so whatever you're willing to share, that's great by me :-) Small growing ones are fine. The Jap. painted fern would be much appreciated, too.

I'm just not interested in the usual green with white edges or blah-blah light green leafed varieties...already have a couple of those.

I'll pass on the peony...no place to put it.

Looking forward to meeting you. Claudia

o

Hi Hosta mom,
I've tried emailing you several different times but still can't get thru. I have a couple of the big bird house gourds,one is alrady cut out for a birdhouse,and the other has seeds in it. Let me know if you'd want them -- I'd like your lemon lime hosta, what other hosta do you plan to bring? Or maybe Japanese painted fern. Thanks.
Marianne

o

I evidently let my e-mail wither & die due to neglect...LOL

I just sent you an e-mail marianne.

I changed it so maybe now I can be contacted. SORRY!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here