Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

HAVE: Fall 2010 etps ** Food for Potluck**

brandon7 TN_zone7
13 years ago

I will bring plates and plastic utensils. My cook will be out of town, and I don't know that PB&J's would be in demand.

Comments (6)

• tlfox
    13 years ago

I will bring tomato pie again if everyone is game. :D

• krikit
    13 years ago

Well - my cook is always 'out of town' LOL sort of the culinary "the lights are on but nobody's home" saying for my situation, ha! I'm just not a good cook, so decided instead of stressing over it, I'd probably just bring some sandwiches and maybe some chips and dip or something - whatever it is, it's for sure it'll come from the deli. My mom (Jean) is planning to bring a chocolate cake though :-) I'm looking forward to the swap - hope there will be some folks show up other than the few of us that have posted here.

• karenrf
    13 years ago

I hope so too Frances but if we are the only ones there it will give us all time to chat.

Usually I feel so rushed to get everyone their pretrades that I can't get to know anyone. (doesn't help for me to show up late either ;) )

I'm not sure what kind of food I'll be bringing yet.

I can't remember....Is there electicity and/or a grill at the shelter?

• krikit
    13 years ago

You're right Karen - a slower pace at the fall swaps is enjoyable. Honestly, I can't remember anything about the setup at the Tyson Park Shelter - if the long range forecast is accurate looks like we may have nice weather. I've not done well in the heat this summer so am anxious for some nice cooler weather .... perfect for a plant swap :-)

Frances

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Me too Frances - it has been miserably hot in Chattanooga and NO rain. My poor garden looks like the Sahara.

I am so excited about the swap - just a few more days. Even if there are only a few - it's a chance to talk to others that are plant lovers. Not too many people I am friends with here do more than a basic monkey grass and whatever they don't have to care for very much landscape....boring....

Yum...chocolate cake...

Brandon - how much do we need to contribute towards the rent of the shelter? Want to make sure I have enough cash with me - I don't usually carry any.

Tiffany

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The shelter costs me $25 this time. We also have some other expenses, like the website (which I haven't yet determined how much that will cost). I'm not sure how many will show up, but I would think $3 to $5 per participant would be in the ball park.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner