Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Fall 2010 etps ** Food for Potluck**

Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 23:21

I will bring plates and plastic utensils. My cook will be out of town, and I don't know that PB&J's would be in demand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Fall 2010 etps ** Food for Potluck**

I will bring tomato pie again if everyone is game. :D

o

Well - my cook is always 'out of town' LOL sort of the culinary "the lights are on but nobody's home" saying for my situation, ha! I'm just not a good cook, so decided instead of stressing over it, I'd probably just bring some sandwiches and maybe some chips and dip or something - whatever it is, it's for sure it'll come from the deli. My mom (Jean) is planning to bring a chocolate cake though :-) I'm looking forward to the swap - hope there will be some folks show up other than the few of us that have posted here.

o

I hope so too Frances but if we are the only ones there it will give us all time to chat.

Usually I feel so rushed to get everyone their pretrades that I can't get to know anyone. (doesn't help for me to show up late either ;) )

I'm not sure what kind of food I'll be bringing yet.

I can't remember....Is there electicity and/or a grill at the shelter?

o

You're right Karen - a slower pace at the fall swaps is enjoyable. Honestly, I can't remember anything about the setup at the Tyson Park Shelter - if the long range forecast is accurate looks like we may have nice weather. I've not done well in the heat this summer so am anxious for some nice cooler weather .... perfect for a plant swap :-)

Frances

o

Me too Frances - it has been miserably hot in Chattanooga and NO rain. My poor garden looks like the Sahara.

I am so excited about the swap - just a few more days. Even if there are only a few - it's a chance to talk to others that are plant lovers. Not too many people I am friends with here do more than a basic monkey grass and whatever they don't have to care for very much landscape....boring....

Yum...chocolate cake...

Brandon - how much do we need to contribute towards the rent of the shelter? Want to make sure I have enough cash with me - I don't usually carry any.

Tiffany

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 27, 10 at 1:15

The shelter costs me $25 this time. We also have some other expenses, like the website (which I haven't yet determined how much that will cost). I'm not sure how many will show up, but I would think $3 to $5 per participant would be in the ball park.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here