Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: lots of fresh brug cuttings for mtps

Posted by tngreenthumb z6 TN (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 13, 06 at 14:50

Looks like the freakishly heavy first frost last night did them in. I'll be pruning back and bringing some hardwood cuttings to the swap from the following plants.

Becca Lynn
Texas Pink
Maya (limited)
Grand Marnier Pink
Versicolor orange (limited)

I will also have some seeds from a Versicolor orange x Unknown if you feel lucky.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: lots of fresh brug cuttings for mtps

The extra heavy frost also got my brugs in the midst of a flush. The leaves were frost bit. How can you tell how much to prune to make sure the cuttings are viable. I also want to have some to bring, but don't want to offer any that are damaged. Never had this to happen before. I always took my cuttings before frost hit them.

o

Hi Joe,
I hate to hear your brugs got frosted. were they full of blooms/buds? Also,When you take cuttings I would love to have some cuttings from your Maya and versicolor orange. Are you looking for anything in particular in trade?
Thank you.

Also Daisydo-- which brugs do you grow and what would you like in trade?

Marianne

o

daisydo: Just feel of the limbs. If they are mushy, or the bark is loose, then go lower. Most of the hardwood should be fine. Once you get started you can pretty easily tell what's good and what isn't.

marianne: Of course they were full of blooms/buds. Isn't that always the case? I had easily a hundred blooms open that night and hundreds more buds in various stages of development. So sad....

Ah well.....swap fodder!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here