Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Smoked Ribs Anyone?

Posted by ladybug37091 z7 Tennessee (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 5, 06 at 16:19

Hey all, I sure am looking forward to the mid-tenn plant swap. I do not have many plants this fall though. I am hoping to offer smoked ribs for plants if it is allowed and folks are interested. LMK. Rhonda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Smoked Ribs Anyone?

Hi Rhonda,
Mmmmmn smoked ribs!! You've got me-- what are you looking for??? I'll be happy to trade with you. Can't wait to see you again.
Marianne

o

Marianne, You are the coolest. I don't see a list for you but you always have so much. Anything I plant will be in full sun. I was hoping to get a response on the ribs as I am vegetatively embarrassed at this time (not much green to trade) lol Looking forward to seeing you too. Rhonda

o

Hey Rhonda --

Do you smoke other things? I don't eat beef or pork, but I love smoked fish. :-) And if you have any pots, remember that I'm on a pot hunt!

o

I have smoked turkey. All white meat. What sort of pots are you looking for? Rhonda

o

Dang.... Makes me wish I had something to offer. Some seeds is about all I have this year. But then the coral Touch-Me Nots would do great in full sun. As would the datura...

Look me up! I may find a surprise between now and then. *grin*

o

Hey there --

Nope, not chicken or turkey either. But we can arrange something with pots! I am looking for most any kind, larger than 4". I'd prefer higher quality pots, but I can use nursery pots too. And I don't need many 1 gallon size, but I need lots of pots both smaller and larger than 1 gallon.

o

Hey I can fix you up with some larger than a gallon in nursery pots.
Norm

o

Rhonda, the smoked ribs sound delicious, but the rules we have always gone by at the swaps is that "anything garden related" may be used to swap, and I think that ribs, as yummy as they may be, are stretching the rules a little too much. The food we bring has always been for everyone to enjoy at the potluck meal we have at noon, not just for those that have something to swap for it.

In the past,we have included canned or fresh food that we grew in our gardens, but that is all we have ever allowed.

Don't everyone be mad at me, now, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Rhonda, I don't have ANYTHING to trade this time, so you aren't alone.

Jan

o

Hey Norm -- that would be great, thanks!

o

Jan, I understand. Iwas not sure if it would be allowed. It will be good to see everybody anyway. For those that are hankering for the ribs I will bring plenty for lunch. Rhonda

o

And I'm sure you'll go home with plenty of plants.

Doesn't everyone?

o

Rhonda, thanks for understanding. We will look forward to eating your ribs...and there are grills there if you need to use them.

SEE YOU AT THE RIVER

Jan

o

Where is the swap and when is it?

o

The plant swap is October 21st on the Buffalo River. See our homepage and stay posted to gardenweb for up to the minute info:

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap homepage

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here