Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol

We're in the Tennessean!

Big_Orange_Vol
18 years ago

We got some pub from Gloria Ballard of the Nashville Tennessean today. She gave us 14 lines on the MTPS in the Living section!!! It wouldn't hurt to drop her a line thanking her for the free ink. You can email her at living@tennessean.com.

Ms. Cheap is also planning on doing some phone interviews with some of you guys as a prelude to a story on the Spring Swap. They may come down in May and cover it as well.

I hope you guys are ready to rock & roll Saturday! I've got a surprise bunch of Crinuims so you better come strong with something excellent to swap if you want one. They list at $15 and up for smaller bulbs that aren't mature. These things are a nightmare to dig (just ask my loving MIL). She worked sooooo hard to get these out of the ground.

Jeff

Comments (11)

• wild_rose
    18 years ago

Oh, Jeff, that's great news!

I really want one of those Crinums, but am afraid I don't have anythine "Excellent" enough. Sigh.

Virginia (with fingers crossed)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    18 years ago

My mom saw the story in the paper today. :-)

Whatcha want for a coupla them crinums, Jeff ol' boy???

• mari5us
    18 years ago

Hi Jeff,
    I'm preparded with the pure white crinums that we talked about as trade fodder. LOL-- I know what a bear those suckers are to get out of the ground----took me days of digging to get to the bottom of mine, so I have serious empathy for her!!
    Did you ever look at my list to see if you wanted anything else?? I know I'm bringing you crinums and cannas so far. Oh yeah, and child labor-- grown up child labor that is.
    Marianne

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

We can use all the publicity we can get!

Jan

• SmokyMist
    18 years ago

Whoo Whoo Jeff, way to go !!!

Cheryl

• big_orange_vol_
    18 years ago

Ya'll I've just been to dang busy to look over those trading lists. I'm down with a sinus infection to boot. We're going on our first week-long vacation in four years next week too. Add to that the fact that I'm trying to button everything up at work so it's taken care of while I'm gone, getting the house back in order after six months or remodeling, doing our yard work as well as Tim's (he's in Galveston doing claims on Rita) and getting stuff ready for the Swap....it's no wonder I'm sick. I'll try and take a gander at those lists tonight.

• april_h_o April Moore
    18 years ago

Well, hope you get to feeling better, Jeff!

(I'll be updating my list ASAP--I'd love some criniums too!)

Here is a link that might be useful: April's Exchange Page

• big_orange_vol_
    18 years ago

April, I like the Elephant Garlic and the Purple Angelonia. What does the bi-color look like?

Doc, I like the Ruby Wedding; Clerodendrum; Purple Heuchera and the verigated Yucca.

Marrianne, I like the Frances William and Francee Hostas; Mystery Day and Seattle Dahlias. Of the Cannas I like Australia; Crimson Beauty; Pink Futurity; Pretoria; Shining Pink; Tangelo and Tropicana.

Virginia, I like the Heteropappus 'Blue Knoll'; Spilanthes, 'Peek a Boo'; Tecoma stans and Zinnia elegans.

Ya'll know me, I'll take whatever I can get!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    18 years ago

Jeff -- you are welcome to all but the heuchera -- I've already promised it to someone else! I *might* have an extra one hiding somewhere, but no promises!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    18 years ago

I did find an extra heuchera, so that's all set. But I'm confused on the Clerodendrum -- did you want C. bungei (cashmere bouquet), or C. ugandense (blue butterfly bush)? Either one is fine, I just want to make sure I save you the right one!

• SmokyMist
    18 years ago

Jeff, I've got some Purple Palace Heuchera that I need to move in the spring, if you'll remind me ( like you have nothing else to do ;o) I'll bring it then.

Cheryl

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax