Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: walking onion

Posted by farmerbell 6b MidTN (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 8, 06 at 18:42

Is anyone interested in walking onion sets at the MTPS? I have about 50 small sets that were produced on mine this year and I definitely don't need that many. I will bring them if anyone is interested. I don't know which type of walking onion these are. The original ones were given to us several years ago by an elderly lady who had had them for many years.

Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: walking onion

Hi Ann,
I would love to have some of your walking onion sets. Are you looking for anytrhing particular in trade? Also are these edbile onions ? Either way , I would love to trade for them.
Thank you.
Marianne

o

Ann I would love to have some of them maybe you can find something on my table I could trade.
Norm

o

Marianne and Norm, it looks like you two are the only ones interested so far in the walking onion, so you may go home with a LOT of little onion sets!

o

Hi Ann,
Yeaaay!!! Lots of little onion sets!! Do you know what you would like in trade for them?? I know I am bringing lots of green elephant ear starts, lots of the little blue muscari bulbs, I have seed starting trays that hold 200 seed plugs .If you are looking for something special let me know and If I have it , I'll bring it to you.
Marianne

o

Marianne, I really am not looking for anything in particular. I'm just happy someone can use them so I don't have to throw them away. I am glad to see that others like elephant ears too. I have about8 8 or 9 types now and am always seeking ones I don't already have.

See you on Saturday.

o

Ann I will have dark red crape mytrle, that I started from seed this spring, hardy banana, ginger, fig, and a tropicana or two. Not too much stuff in the fall, just happy to see everyone one more time.
Norm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here