Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Thank you all

Posted by april_h_o Z6 Nashville (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 22:27

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who were at the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap today. I had a great time and look forward to seeing you all at the Spring swap. I learned a lot talking to everyone and listening to Marty, PLUS I've got a TON of stuff to plant tomorrow. :-) What a wonderful day--perfect weather, great company, good food, and free plants. Now that was my idea of a great day!

I'd be happy to take some of you up to the plateau come springtime to check out those flame azaleas and yellow lady slippers. In the meantime, I may just have to see if I can find some of those seeds!

Below is a photo of one of the flame azaleas in a bloom from a few years ago. This is from my Scott's Gulf web site (which hasn't been updated in a while, unfortunately).

Also, for a couple of photos of the ladyslippers, go to my photo directory in the link below. There are a couple of photos of them there. They usually bloom right around my birthday in the third or fourth week of April.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aprils' Photo Directory

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Thank you all

It was great to meet you, April! I think we need to take that seed-collecting hike one of these days. :-)

o

April,
I enjoyed meeting you Saturday too. I'm glad you had a good time and are coming back. Please count me in on the wildflower hike when you go. I'd truly love it and I hope Marty will go with us! So that's me,Doc, Regina so far--it's looking like we're a crew!
Marianne

o

Hey, I'm down with that too!

o

Great! Y'all sound pretty serious. I might just have started something here. :-)

I will look at the old calendar and see what I can come up with. I believe Marty said that the flame azaleas would have seeds now? Did anyone else here that too, or was that just my wild imagination?

--April

o

• Posted by Soeur z6b TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 23, 05 at 21:05

Seeds should be ready in November, usually somewhere around the middle to the end of the month. You just say the word when you want to go and I'm there. And a wildflower trip in the spring would be wonderful. Let's plan on it.

Marty

o

I did not make it to the swap but would love to go on a hike in the spring to look at wildflowers. My aunt has about 1/4 acre of wildflowers in her woods and grows the yellow lady slippers. She hasn't offered me any yet!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Tennessee are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here