Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandsquid

elderberry cuttings (local memphis pick-up only!!!)

sandsquid
16 years ago

I have a limited number (5 of each) of elderberry cuttings sent to me from a well respected "Elderberry Collector" and Elderberry Vintner (He makes award winning wines from his elderberries.)

They arived last evening Fed-Ex and are all green and viable, and some are even budding, but need to be rooted, ASAP.

In an effort to "share the wealth", as well as spread the risk of recovery from a devastating loss, I am offering one cutting each to ONLY 4 people that can come and get them.

All I ask in return is that you try your best to root these cuttings, and if successful, offer any resulting cuttings to others, as you see appropriate.

Additional terms:

First 4 come, are the ONLY served.....

They are ONLY availible AFTER 6PM, Tonight (04JAN2008) Saturday (05JAN2008) or Sunday (06JAN2008)

After that, any remaining will be planted in the meager "community garden" at my Church.

(I am just off of Sycamore View Rd. near Ral-LaGrange on the Memphis/Bartlett Town line)

To reserve you "place in line" and ensure there is no "favoritism" or "cutting the line" or whining later, reply to this post ONLY! (I have set the option to have copies of follow-ups to this message emailed to me. I will contact you with specific address and driving directions.)

If you cannot follow these simple instructions you will be disqualified. Sorry to be such a hard-@ss about it, but I detest people who cannot follow simple instructions.

These varieties were specifically chosen by him to be appropriate for our growing conditions and hardy in our Zone.

You will get (1) "bundle" of (5) cuttings with (1) of each of the following:

'Nigra' Sambucus nigra

'Nova' Sambucus canadensis

'York' Sambucus canadensis

'Wyldewood' (Most likely a hybrid from the folks Wylde Wood Cellars (a Wichita-area winery that specializes in elderberry wine and other elderberry products)

'John' (Most likely: John's Improved elderberries. Sambucus canadensis L. which originated in Nova Scotia)

Ohh.. and "have a nice day".

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?