Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tigerlilly_2010

MTPS may 21 /2011 wish list & trades

tigerlilly_2010
13 years ago

I have loads of seeds and gouards seeds etc would love to trade , prearrange trades etc,,,wish list

Yellow tiger lillies

double lillies all colors

knockout roses

golden chain tree

blue , white , Hosta

white feather hosta

Irish moss

I have mertals all colors started

coneflowers pink and purples

all sorts of Iris

seeds like crazy and pots and fresh horse cow rabbit poo

931-581-9892

Comments (116)

• ladybug37091
    12 years ago

Thanks for adding the link Heather, good looking out! : )

• tlfox
    12 years ago

Well...seems I have neglected this site for a month or so. Big ugly events have happened here. For those that didn't read on FB - I live in the area hit by the tornadoes. Our house was undamaged - but my backyard took a direct hit and my deeply shaded garden is now very light shade. :( I have lost many many plants - some that were large enough to split for the swap. I am somewhat disheartened - but most of the beautiful things I got came from my "friends of the dirt" (just for you Heather).

I will be bringing nursery pots - someone has already requested them...but maybe I'll have enough to share? :D I am bringing a large strawberry jar - about 15 years old. And I am bringing glass garden art - junk art - whatever you want to call it. I will try to finish up this weekend and post pictures for you all. My big plans for the swap just didn't happen - mother nature had other plans.

My want list...well - many things that I had are now broken, uprooted or totally gone. So - basically - anything in these categories is good - beautiful, tropical, edible, herb, perennial, annual, tree/sappling, bush - I am not hard to please at this point. I just want to be able to make the ugly go away. Front flower beds vary from full sun to some shade, back yard appears to be light shade now, deeper shade under the two remaining large trees.

And there you have it, my friends of the dirt. I can't wait for the swap - if only to spend a few hours with people that love the dirt as much as I do - food, fun and friends. Is there anything better?

• msbatt
    12 years ago

Tiff, do you want maple saplings? I have a TON. And I may be able to find some pecans or hickorys. And maybe a dogwood or two.

• new-gardener123
    12 years ago

msbatt-

my mom would LOVE a snowball bush if you have one and I have something you want to trade for

rebecca

• tlfox
    12 years ago

A dogwood would be lovely. Can you tell me what color the maples would be in the fall? The one I have left is a very ugly fall foliage tree. Since I get this chance to start over, I would love to bring in some multi-season interest... Is the anything more beautiful in fall than the lovely colors? Ahhhh....the growing season is just getting underway and I am already dreaming about fall...LOL.

Connie....say it ain't so.... We're gonna miss you!!!

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Hey, gang, sorry I haven't been on the forums in a shamefully long time. I've been over on the Facebook page a bit (which Heather helpfully linked above in this discussion thread) and am trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything ready for next weekend!

Anyway, since I've not updated my members page in Lord-knows-how long, here is the list of things I have to trade this year. If you've already replied to the list over on the Facebook page, PLEASE DON'T REPLY HERE. It will just confuse me, and it doesn't take much. (lol) Anyway --

Verbena bonariensis (awesome plant)
    Cleome (white/pink, purple/light purple, white)
    Amsonia hubrecti ( I *may* have one more; one has been traded already)
    Russian sage (perovskia atriplicifolia)
    French marigolds (got these at the swap last year, possibly from Steve?)
    Pink Missouri primrose
    Double Orange daylillies
    Solidago (goldenrod) 'Fireworks'
    Black eyed Susans
    Brown eyed Susans (Rudbeckia triloba)
    Orange tiger lily starts
    Tn Larkspur (annual; but good about reseeding in well drained locations)
    Lt. Pink Verbena
    'October Skies' aster (should have at least one more of these)
    Red salvia (Salvia coccinea - annual, but a reliable re-seeder)
    Orange crocosmia ('Orange Lucifer')
    Black Russian Tomatoes (started from seed)
    Bearded Iris, colors:
    Purple & White (vigorous - heirloom variety "Helen Collingwood')
    Light Purple with gold stamens (heirloom variety I've had forever, but not sure of cultivar)
    White (very vigorous)
    Lt. Blue
    Lt. Yellow
    Small yellow/white
    Siberian Iris

Anyway, feel free to chime in if you see anything you'd like!

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

List of some plants bringing to the swap:
    Yellow Coreopsis (12"-18" tall)
    Crocosmia (Hades--orangey red)
    Lilies- Yellow and Orange
    Clara Curtis Chrysanthemum
    Clove Bush
    Angel Wing Begonia
    Bright Pink Yarrow
    Harlequin Glorybower Sprouts

Wanda

• heathersgarden
    12 years ago

Hi Wanda!

I'm interested in a Clara Curtis Chrysanthemum, and a Harlequin Glorybower. Is your clove bush the one that blooms yellow fragrant flowers in very early spring, followed by green currant berries? I posted my list way up there in the thread, but please check to see if I can tempt ya with something:)

~Heather

• velsgarden
    12 years ago

Judith,if you happen to have any more snowball bushes,I would love one.I will be posting my list later this week.Thanks,velvet

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

For Heather: Clara Curtis Chrysanthemum
    Harlequin Glorybower
    The clove bush does bloom early spring with wonderful fragarant flowers, but mine has not had the berries and it is 7 years old.

Oh, have seen on FB the post everyone has, just waiting to be confirmed to post there :).

Thanks, Wanda

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Miss Wanda, I would like to get some of that "Hades" crocosmia - it's different from the ones I have and would look great in my fiery color garden. Is there anything on my list you'd like? And, if not, what are you looking for this year? I have a few little surprises tucked away in the garden..... :-)

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

Hi April, for you Hades crocosmia. Hey, surprise me, I would like that :).

Going to be so great to be with everyone!

• ladybug37091
    12 years ago

Wanda if you have more Hades to share I would love a piece. I have yellow hybrid german irises you might like or some word stones. Look forward to seeing you!

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

Sure Rhonda, I have lots to share, and I would love the yellow german Iris , that would go great with the George Davison crocosmia.

Wondering if anyone might have the Siberian Iris Pink Haze? I have a Forrest Pansy Redbud, and planning to make a bed of pink flowers under it.

Wanda

• ladybug37091
    12 years ago

Thanks Wanda! I wish I had something in pink for you but the only Siberian I have is a Caesars Brother.

• burwoodbelle
    12 years ago

Anyone bringing Brugs.Not sure what I will bring.Maybe some Jams,Jelly,Pickles,and some seed.I also have all kinds of plants have 2or3,one foot tall peach trees 2 sour cherry trees,daylilies,iris rose of sharon,lily of the valley,Louisina Iris just gobs of stuff.Tiff.do you still want the old tin and barn lumber.
    Pat

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

hehe, Wanda, I think I can manage that. :-) Anything you DON"T want?

• flowersglory
    12 years ago

Hey Sandy I have a Clematis for you, I would like a bag of goat poo.
    Thanks, Glenda

• flowersglory
    12 years ago

Hey Wanda I would like a clove bush and Harlequin Glorybower check my list for something you want.
    Thanks, Glenda

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

Opps Rhonda, had already ask the color, sorry.

April, know you have heard "I Love It All" :).

Glenda-sure will have you the clove bush adn the Harlequin Glorybower. Do you still have chinese foxglove pink, if not will wait till I see you!

Thanks Girls, Wanda

• knufflebunnyfarmer
    12 years ago

I have also been neglecting this forum for facebook - actually, I'm not sure I've ever posted over here.
    I think everyone has seen my lists on FB though.
    :-)

Angela

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

tigerlily 2010 do you still have some pink cone flowers? Would love to swap with you. I will post the updates I am bringing . I am looking for pink perennials this year.

Wanda

• msbatt
    12 years ago

As of right now, I will be bringing:

Snowball bushes
    Dogwood seedlings
    Sweet Autumn clematis
    Passiflora caerulea (hardy here)
    Passiflora citrina (NOT hardy here!)
    Crab apple
    white hyacinth bean seedlings
    odds and ends

I would LOVE to get:
    Turk's Cap hibiscus/Sleepy Hibiscus
    Harlequin Glorybower
    Iris---any, but esp. LA

I have tagged a snowball for Velsgarden and Rebceea/new-gardener, a dogwood for Tiff, and P. citrina for Heather. (Oh, and a Confederate Rose for Norm!) Did I miss anyone?

• tlfox
    12 years ago

Judith - if you have another - a snowball bush would be awesome. LA iris...are those the iris in the pond? If so - I will bring you some - colors are mixed but they have bloomed yellow, white and purple so far.

• sandyl
    12 years ago

Hi Ms. Glenda - for a clematis you get a bag of goat poo and a bag of cow poo... I love clematis's. I ain't even going to ask who the Clematis is.. I love surprises.. See ya Saturday. Feels like Christmas...Sandy

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Wanda, if Glenda doesn't have any Chinese foxglove to spare, I surely will! May bring a couple just in case.

Sandy, I'm up for some of the poo, if you have any left. I know it's been going pretty fast. Check out my list and let me know what you'd like, or if there is anything else you need. I have many other things, just too lazy to list them all. :-)

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

msbatt- I will have you a Harlequin Glorybower.

April- thank you, I do not have a fox glove, but love the look, will go wonderful in my bed.

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Excellent, Wanda. Will see what other nice pink flowers I have around here. You said the new pink bed is somewhat shady? Or am I getting that confused with somethning else? I have some really pretty "Bubblegum" pink irises, and I have at least one more I could share with someone..... :-)

Just let me know! :-P

• new-gardener123
    12 years ago

Thanks for the snowball bush, msbatt! My mom will be excited! She had them as a child and has mentioned wanting one. what would you like from me?

burwoodbelle- I would be interested in a peach tree if you see anything on my list that you would be interested in.

-Rebecca

My haves-
    chocolate mint
    spearmint
    red bee balm
    cosmos
    organic watermelon starts
    lavender verbena
    autumn joy sedum
    purple phlox ground cover
    angelina sedum
    yellow groudcover type sedum
    obedient flowers (purple)
    variegated ivy
    iris (not sure of color... purpleish of some sort)
    black eyes susans
    spider plant (houseplant)
    kalanchoe (house plant)
    unknown house plant from my mom
    key lime basil (smells wonderful. only place i have seen it was where i got it in st louis)
    may have some organic seeds from Seeds of Change
    marigold seedlings
    white clematis
    primore- pink
    primrose- lower growing
    wandering jew- purple
    wandering jew- green and purple smaller leaves

• ladybug37091
    12 years ago

Judith I would love a snowball bush and a confederate rose cutting if you have another. Rebecca have you found a home for the white clematis? I would love to have it if you have not.

• columbiastock
    12 years ago

April the bubble gum iris would be great! The Forrest Pansy is not a thick tree, open and airish, big purple heart shaped leaves. I have two of these and I raised a reblooming white iris on one side and a spiced custard on the other of one tree. So they work well for Iris, :) .

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Done! I'll bring a Chinese Foxglove and a Bubblegum iris for you, Wanda. :-)

• sandyl
    12 years ago

April, I'll have you a bag of poo with your name on it. Not sure what I would like from your list, we can trade on site Saturday. I was out yesterday evening by my koi pond and I seen a sprout from my Japanese Wisteria had popped up close to my garden pond that I need to remove ASAP. I'll be digging it up this evening and i'll bring it to the swap if someone would like to have it. Here is a link I had posted I think last year with a picture of the mother plant. Sandy
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/vines/msg0406533421491.html

• sandyl
    12 years ago

Discovered the name of my little rose I posted the picture of a couple days ago. It is scarlet Meidiland... Here is a link and a picture I found on the internet of it. The link picture and my picture look just alike.. No dought that's it.
    http://members.fortunecity.com/cnetter/rose_tour/smeidiland.html

• granniemable
    12 years ago

Thanks for the information on the rhubarb. I'm still have my fingers crossed that I will find it at the swap. I dug up some more plants, Texas red star (hibiscus),red canna,iris and have some seedlings super freak pumpkins,black dimond watermelons,eggplant,sweet potatoe slips. I also have some books. Is anyone interested in "pine" honey?

• conniemcghee
    12 years ago

Sandy, I saw a Meidiland I really liked at Kroger the other day! It was a peachy color. Does yours have good disease resistance? I love roses, old-fashioned ones, but I don't do any that require spraying or other babying. :) The tag said it was pretty hardy, but I wasn't sure if it really would be so I passed on it. Let me know! I may need to go back and scoop it up. :)

• sandyl
    12 years ago

Hi Connie
    Mine is planted in a large pot, probably 20 gal's or so and I have it on my front porch right now and its doing great! I believe this is it's 3 year with me and I haven't had any problems with it. Just gets better each year! Since mine is in a pot I water it every other day and ferterlize it once a week with liquid MG mixed with the water,but that's because it is in a flower pot. I will get me another one when I come across one for sure. Sandy

• new-gardener123
    12 years ago

ladybug, the clematis is now spoken for by you!

rebecca

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

The Meideland roses are grown as hedge or shrub roses and are generally noted for their hardiness (at least according to what I've read).

Sandy, no worries - my boss agreed to let me take some time off tomorrow afternoon. Providing the weather holds out, I will be digging up a few extra surprises. I just did a pass through in the garden and there are a number of things that need dividing. :-)

• conniemcghee
    12 years ago

Hey April (I'm sorry to keep hijacking this thread when I'm not coming to the swap...)

I have a question about the Aster you gave me at my first swap. It was SO awesome last year! I moved it and a little piece broke off, so I replanted that a few feet away and ended up with two huge bushes of the same size. It was *literally* stopping traffic in our neighborhood. One woman drove by, backed up, got out of her car, walked down our driveway to ask Kevin what it was. LOL

So, needless to say I love this Aster. :)

But this year, both came up, but one of them is really limping along and sort of dying out in the center. I wonder if it's because I didn't divide them this spring. Do they have to be divided every year? And if so, do you think it's too late for the one that's limping along? It's like the outside parts of it are doing OK, but every week I cut a little more dead out of the center.

I'm just not sure what to do. I don't want to lose it, because it really works having two there. The other one is going like gangbusters. I've been debating digging up the sick one and trying to get rid of the dying sections and just replant the healthy, maybe in some great soil to help it along.

Any advice?

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Hey, Connie. They should not need to be divided each year. I have one that's 8 years old that I have divided twice. I'd check to see if there is a problem - maybe fungal? They are hardly ever prone to that, but it does happen in a wet year like this. Maybe mites or some other tiny insect pest at work? (Although, again, it's usually not an issue.) I'd just advise going through the usual checks to see if you can ID the culprit.

Also, they can get beat down by heavy rain, although that shouldn't kill anything off. I typically handle them like I do my mums - cut them back by a third around this time of year. It keeps them from getting too leggy.

• ladybug37091
    12 years ago

GrannieMable, Egg plant, sweet potato slips, watermelon, and pine honey sounds good to me. I hope I have something you like. Thank you Rebecca.

• conniemcghee
    12 years ago

OK April, thanks for replying! That's good to know about the dividing not being necessary every year. Parts of it seem very healthy, so this weekend I may try digging it all up and replanting those parts.

• heathersgarden
    12 years ago

Rhonda, I was just rereading this thread, and I would LUV a Niobe clematis!!!

• heathersgarden
    12 years ago

Wanda, I have a Colorodo pink yarrow that would go nicely in your pink bed - lemme know if you're interested:)

• heathersgarden
    12 years ago

If I left anything out let me know asap so I can reserve it for you tomorrow. My final trade lists:

April: giving you cobalt tradescantia and tangerine iris in exchange for pink verbena and black tomato ( gonna try for that black iris too;))

Steve: giving raspberry start and hellebore seedlings in exchange for gold pepper and tomato

Glenda/ Flowersglory: perovskia?

Jenn: gold marjoram and large shefflera for elephant ears

Ruby: raspberry start, mex bamboo, tangerine iris, angelina sedum, nigella for bluebonnets and future mirror ball:)

Rebecca: hardy mum, primrose, hellebore seedlings, mexican bamboo, marjoram, asparagus, crape myrtle for kale and chicory seed and lime basil

Judith: Freckles tovara, caryopteris and passionvine cuttings, and tradescantia seedlings for citrina and persian shield cutting

Glenda K: two tone iris and mock orange for root beer iris

Rhonda: mock orange and mex bamboo for (hopefully) Niobe clematis cutting

Angela: hellebore and asparagus seedlings for cilantro, eggplant and tomatos

Wanda/ Columbiastock: possibly yarrow for clara curtis mum and cleryodendron

Tiffany: asparagus, jerusalem artichokes and kousa dogwood for maybe strawberry pot?

JT: Autumn joy sedum for hopefully water pickerel

• msbatt
    12 years ago

Heather, I'm so glad you posted this---I'd forgotten about the Persian Shield. My plants look like crap, but I do have a couple of fresh cuttings (taken, like, NOW! *grin*)for you.

If anyone has any Kerria japonica, single or double, I've love to have some. And again, if anyone has any Sleepy Hibiscus...

• doug506
    12 years ago

All my seedling tomatoes have failed.

What I will bring:

Red Bee Balm
    Clara Curtis Mum
    Varigated Ivy
    A few black walnut trees
    Cilantro
    Fountain Grass
    Vinca Major
    Also, a type of "painted" ivy- I don't know the name - got it at the swap 2+ years ago.

I am trying to get a woodland shade garden going, and would love different hostas & ferns.

• velsgarden
    12 years ago

Judith,how about the Kerria japonica for the snowball bush?

• april_h_o April Moore
    12 years ago

Wow, what a day. I unloaded the truck once I got home and fell asleep on the couch. Awoke to rain, so napped a bit more. Tomorrow I must plant, so I plan to get up early. Thanks so much to all my plant swap buddies for the awesome plants!

Also, feel like I should apologize to any of the new folks who came by my table when I first arrived. I normally do a much better job bringing extra plants and talking about them, but I was running late and frazzled from a tough week at work! Hopefully Fall swap will be a bit less hectic for me.

Sponsored
Manassas' Professional Contractor in Specializing in Cabinetry