Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter 2013 raingauge readings.

Posted by anntn6b z6b TN (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 16:04

Because it was so much, that the January wetness is worth sharing.

From Grainger County (immediately northeast of Knoxville) 12.86 inches in the month of January.

Ponds have refilled and new perched ones appeared.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter 2013 raingauge readings.

Wow, that is a lot. The average for our area (my farm is very near you), for January, is 4.08 inches. I took a short walk around, this evening, and found the soil more saturated than I can ever remember, except when it was actively pouring rain. Little perched puddles were everywhere.

o
It wasn't just at my place

I go to the weatherunderground weather stations and the almanac data for January for a house (that they call Rutledge station, but it isn't, it's on Cherokee Lake, probably eighteen miles upstream from me) also had over 12 ".

If you haven't found a weatherunderground reporting station near your home (anywhere in the US....it's a phenomenal potential resource), it is worth a visit or three.

Here is a link that might be useful: You need to ask for a specific town

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here