Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to this site - intro

Posted by greenthumbs2000 7a/b (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 25, 07 at 19:17

good afternoon, i can't believe it took me this long to find this wonderful site!

I live and garden in eastern tennessee, i am particularly fond of old-fashioned plants such as confederate rose, iris, cannas; but i'll try to grow anything at least once. I am originally from germany, so i love to grow european varieties (wallflowers, barlow aquilegias in my flower gardens, salsify, european plums, european elder, currants, etc in my vegetable and berry patches.)

right now, the hellebore are beginning to bloom and the winter jasmine is about finished in our yard.
i have already seeded out the carrots, a german winter lettuce called feldsalad, and kohlrabi in the raised bed.

thank you for letting me introduce myself. i have enjoyed reading several pages of posts and love the beautiful hellebore picture Joseph posted.

belle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to this site - intro

Welcome to the TN Forum Belle! You're gonna love it here.

o

Cool handle... *grin*

Welcome to the TN Gardener's Forum!

Smile!

o

Welcome Belle!! so glad you found this forum, I've just now enjoyed reading your post - this time of year esp nice to read of everyone' activities - I learn so much here, and sounds like you'll be another wonderful source of info! - since you're in East TN, maybe you'll come to the spring plant swap.

Frances

o

Welcome to the forum, Belle. I love GardenWeb! The people are very helpful most of the time and fun the rest of the time.

Katie

o

Hi! I am also new to this site AND new to tennessee......yes, I'm a Yankee, but love my new surroundings. I've been here about a year and have lots of gardening questions as my hobby is so very different out here. I am looking forward to the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap and can't wait to meet some new friends! Also looking forward to chatting with some of you on here. Hope to hear from "Y'ALL" soon!! - - -> Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here