Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

So, how about this snow?

conniemcghee
14 years ago

Wow. It is dumping on us! How much do you all think we'll get?

I bailed out of work before 10 today. They officially closed the office at noon. My husband's place let them go at 10.

We have groceries. :) I will do a little bit of winter sowing tomorrow, I think. I got some Centaurea Montana in a trade. I'm excited about it...I had it at the other house and loved it. It wasn't up when we moved, or I'd have probably moved it with me.

The dogs have snow fever. We have one who loves to make doggie snow angels.

Comments (16)

• maternut
    14 years ago

My garden has the makings for lots of snow cream. Bring your own shovel and containers. Dig deep and get a side order of ice.

• cottagegirl_tn
    14 years ago

Down near the TN/AL line we got a couple inches of sleet. Would rather have had snow but that may be coming tonight. I was just out in my yard yesterday admiring my first lenten rose bloom. Things can really change in the South in 24 hrs!
    Jenn F

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Snow cream! :D I haven't had that in years!

• courtcourt
    14 years ago

I'm just outside Chattanooga. Didn't really start coming down here until around 1-ish, and then it snowed like crazy - and actually STUCK! I put off picking the kids up from daycare, thinking it would go away like it usually does, and ended up driving really, really, slow on un-salted, un-plowed streets to get them. I'm pretty sure my life flashed before my eyes at least once during that drive.

• laccanvas
    14 years ago

I'm still not impressed with our snow.... really want about 6 more inches... think we have about 2 right now. Maybe I need to move up north.

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

This morning everything is coated with ice! Sure looks neat but I hope the trees can handle the load. Taking the kids out sledding this morning after breakfast!

• kitasmommie
    14 years ago

got about4+" here in Smyrna with about 1/2" ice on top. was funny watching the dog trying to walk - the ice would hold her weight (about 100 lbs)for a few seconds , then she would sink. she kept looking around - like she was saying "What....?"
    neighbors carport collapsed from the weight. no significant damages to the vehicles.
    sure it beautiful though - I love seeing the icicles on the eaves - haven't seen that in the 8 years I've lived here.
    have to agree with lacanvas....would love to have had much more snow.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

We got easily 8-9 inches here in Hermitage! The kids tried to make a Snowman this morning & it's just a big pile of snow. I guess this snow ain't good for making them. lol. =)

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

kitasmommie, it was the same with our dogs! Oh, they loved the snow last night, but that layer of ice this morning was extremely unpopular. They folded their ears back and tucked their tails under and just looked like the world was coming unglued! Poor things. It has been difficult to coax them out to go potty today.

I feel so...captive. It's not like I usually do a lot of running around on the weekends, but it feels so constrictive not to have the option. I am bored to tears!! I winter sowed my seeds, which took up all of twenty minutes. Bored bored bored!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

me too, connie! Luckily, Comcast did make it here for the appointment to reconnect our Internet (we got tired of Bellsouth DSL)! Yay! So, we at least have Netflix & Internet.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Hi Steve. I still have your blackberry plants and promise that I will get them to you real soon.

The snow here melted a little yesterday but with the cold temps it's going to be around for a while.

I'm sure schools will be closed Monday and wouldn't be surprised if they were closed Tuesday also.

jim_6b

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Jim: Great, thanks! =) I'm looking forward to some of my fruit plants actually producing this year. lol...Also, my kids destroyed my father-in-law's blackberry plant I gave him, so I was going to give him one of the ones I get from you. Just let me know & we can meet somewhere or something. - Steve

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

:( , watching two local channels we are in for more snow! Saying during the week-end and next week. Just hope our next 6 weeks are not all snow or worse.

• ladybug1
    14 years ago

Just outside of Chattanooga too. We got just enough to get me out of work for several days. :-) Columbia, what part of the state are you in? It doesn't look like we are supposed to really get anything else. Of course, we weren't supposed to get what we got last week either.

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I heard this too! I hope it's not as much as this last round. I have had enough snow for this winter, thank you!

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Middle TN, Columbia is (45 min. give or take) south of Nashville. Still mentioning snow showers, especially for beginning of next week. "I SURE HOPE THEY ARE WRONG"! It is finally great to see green grass and shrubs.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz